National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on the way. Tracking says the 30th. I been watching video reviews of it. Looks like it's going to be a great press.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
When you said you bought it I thought you already had it and have been using it.

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I'll post a review then. Sorry for the confusion Fred.

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The new press is out for delivery! Im excited. Going to load Some mauser and 30.06 after i get it set up.

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeppers. It's relaxing and educational. Good way to spend a rainy day.

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It came. I have it mounted and ready to go. It's a monster lol. I think it weighs more than all my lee's put together.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Thick steel weighs more than aluminum and plastic. Generally more durable and better at holding it's structural integrity. The problem is you are too old to wear it out.

Yea rock Chuckers are solid and have a reputation for durability. I'm on my second one. I didn't wear out the first I lost it. Didn't hesitate to replace it with another. Just like Ruger, RCBS is the brand I started with and had great experiences so I stick with the brand. Ran into a deal for the RCBS turret and stepped up.

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It feels good. I resized my mauser brass. Tomorrow im going to do some loading. Im trying to figure out the priming set up. It gets stuck going out, When it has a primer in it. And i have the push the primer into the ram. I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I prime off the press. I started doing it when I first started reloading. I started with a Lee hand primer. A few broken handles later I went to an RCBS primer.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I figured out the priming system last night. You have to keep pushing down until the priming arm starts going out. I think it's because of it being spring loaded under the cup.

·
Super Moderator
11,071 Posts
As much as I despise Lee products, someone gave me an OLD Lee press that's all metal. Iron, if I'm not mistaken. Anyhoo, I still use it after many years. The original Lee press I bought broke down in short order. Relatively speaking, of course. They just don't make 'em like they used to make 'em. If I ever do have to replace this press, I'll be getting an RCBS.

You'll love your new Lyman, I have no doubt!

--Wag--

·
Aim true !
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My lee turret press is cast and steel. I been happy with it, The lyman is better for rifle though. I loaded some 30.06 and 7.65x53 today. Resizing was a breeze. Very precise in maintaining COAL. I used to do rifle on a single stage. That worked well too. No flex in the turret with the Lyman. The priming system is working well too now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts