National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"......political economist and assistant professor William English of Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business. Long interested in issues surrounding guns, he just headed a massive survey of nearly 17,000 firearms users to come up with the most detailed portrait of today’s owners, users, and their firearms.

The bottom line from his “National Firearms Survey” is that gun-owning is common, the AR-15 really is the most popular firearm in America, and its club of owners is incredibly diverse."

The survey he headed reached out to over 54,000
and was narrowed down to 16,708 gun owners who coughed up a wealth of information about what they own and what they do with their guns.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
30,737 Posts
He left out an important feature of the AR-15 .... you can change calibers without having to purchase another rifle.

Reactions: Southernguns

·
Registered
903 Posts
I don't think any AR-15 owner needed a Georgetown professor to tell them about their guns but he did make his points in an interesting study. He states some interesting numbers from a statistically small population of owners.

People own them for different reasons. I own just one because "they" don't want me to own one and I can see the day when they are banned. I also own a, new in 1980, Mini-14 that has proven itself to be a better gun for my use and beliefs (not going down that rabbit hole, everyone has an opinion). I think Mini-14's are great guns due to the Garand action which is simple, reliable, and just works well. It's a carbine, fun to shoot, and a good self-protection gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts