National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Check out this new product that makes your AR15 New York & Cali Compliant. Put your pistol grips back on with this product. It it not for everyone but it is a great option to have out there in the ether!

Check it out! Let me know what ya think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolt catch engages after every shot, thus making it not semi auto. This way New Yorkers living under the NY safe Act can put their pistol grips back on. Instead of using the spur or thordsen. This is good on pistol caliber AR15's because you can't lock the magazine in and be able to top load with the take down pin pulled. Also, im gonna try this out on my precision AR. Since I only shoot one round at a time and a normal setup with pistol grip and stock is a lot more comfortable and better for accuracy, in place of the thordsen i have on it now.

I just wanted everyone to know the different ways you can make your AR15 NY compliant.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
I was talking with a guy today about this while shooting. He was at a different LGS that i go to and they had AR's with pistol grips so he asked how and it was this. He just did a poor job of explaining it to me so now it makes sense. While the police(at least around here) don't actively seek out people shooting to see if their gun is legal or not what happens if you get stopped with it. Do they arrest you and confiscate your gun until they can test fire it, call their superiors etc to see if they should let you go? At least the other way it can be seen at a glance that it's legal. Don't get me wrong i don't think this is a bad idea if you don't mind the single shot and i bet if you held it a certain way you could get real fast shooting and releasing the bolt so you could at least have a little fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better safe than Sorry. I was talking to a NYC police officer down at the local gun shop and he was saying he doesn't think that someone would get arrested for non-compliance but then he thought about it a little more and said, he could see a few cops out there arrest someone for having a pistol grip because its a good arrest for them, and it will be great for the local news to say the Police stopped a dangerous man with a DANGEROUS ASSUALT RIFLE! Upstate NY, i don't think you have to worry as much since you can shoot on your own property or a friends, but down here on long island where you have to go to public shooting ranges I would NOT chance it. If you get pulled over with it you would most likely be screwed.

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Never talk or ask police bout firearm laws. They will interpret what they feel is legal or not legal. Most police do not know the firearm laws in the first place, n you're going to ask them. Get to a lawyer who deals with firearm laws.

Reactions: Stevejet

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Turning your AR into a single shot kinda defeats the purpose. Doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else see this as a sales pitch and someone with only 6 posts, 3 of them in this thread, trying to get free advertising?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Restrictive firearms law workarounds are welcome here. His video shows one such workaround, how it works (kinda), where to get it and how much it costs.

How you spend your money is your business.

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Turning your AR into a single shot kinda defeats the purpose. Doesn't it?

Sort of. I like the AR a lot its comfortable, lightweight, pretty accurate, modular, and the ergonomics is what you want to make it. Hunting with them is imo much easier then with the 2x4 and a barrel look of rifles. for hunting I feel it might be a bit better.
Yes, semi auto is the way to go. Though when you're in some state where they pretty much banned thousands of semi auto venterfire rifles with detachable magazines one must stand and show the middle finger to the liberals.

I built a bolt action AR in 5.56 and with the barrel swap to 300 Black Out. They work pretty dang good with a silencer on them. Mostly built it to piss off the liberals progressives and anti Americans in this state. I'll post some pics soon in s new thread

Wait till they see my pump shotguns I'm still building lol. Two virgin receivers to do what I want with, within the laws. 1 for hunting and 1 for home defense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts