National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Both the REC7 and the LWRC are quality rifles. I have seen the REC7 lay down some nice groups, no so much for the LWRC, but both are high quality, very reliable rifles.

Both rifles will shoot steel case ammo "fine". The issue with steel case ammo is, it tends to "stick" in the chamber when you get the rifle hot (hot as in, high volume shooting).

I don't understand the "AK reliability" question. That's pretty much a myth and chatter from the uneducated/uninformed. To be clear here, a quality AR is just as if not more reliable than an AK.

As far as DI and a piston rifle go, I have and shoot both. Honestly I don't have a preference, I simply cant tell any real measureable difference in the way of reliability. Yeah, there is more cleaning involved with the DI rifle, it's just a non issue with me.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
What I mean by the "AK like"reliability is what is commonly perceived as being reliable, because the AK is the pinnacle of reliable rifles.
Overall they are very reliable rifles. However, you do realize that they sell parts for AKs right? The AK is not some magic voodoo, impervious to mechanical failure. It is not somehow immune to FTF, FTE, a dud round, or just plane jamming up. I will also state, as a matter of fact, they are not somehow exempt from the law of physics in regards to mud.

I'm not knocking on Aks here, just adding some reality to what is "commonly perceived".

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah I get that but underneath the dust cover of an AK there is a lot more room for mud to go to and not be in the way of the mechanical parts. On an AR there is far less room and the mud gets packed right in with the mehanical and moving parts.
Ummm, ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.