National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Gamo's Whisper VH with the sound dampener.

Its got plenty of power and the sound is reduced about 50 %, so if you want to shoot flying rats in the neighborhood that crap on your car you can probably pull it off with out scaring the bird watchers.

Is it worth the asking price of $280??

Here is the link: http://www.gamousa.com//Catalog.aspx?Product=234

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I paid more than that for a Gamo about 5 years ago. I think it is a good deal. Use PBA ammo for the best speed.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I need one for those noisy crows that seem to like hanging around.

And the occassional raccoon on the roof.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a Gammo Shadow rated for 1200fps, and it is strong enough to chip a cinderblock. I need to sight the scope again, but its darn accurate..

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I was curious about their quality. I usually buy Beeman or RWS.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I got to shoot the one that shoots PBA pellets 1,600 FPS. Man, that thing took a good amount of effort to cock.

G

·
I dont have a gamo air rifle, have a crosman storm xt break barrel and really like that.. The problem with gamo is they are full of crap with the products, not saying there air rifles are not good but if you watch some of there vids on there site you will see what I mean.. They have this one video that is down right crap and a dangerous because they show a hunter taking down large hog using a gamo air rifle and those PBA pellets. What they dont tell or show you is that the hog was tied to a tree and it took several tries for this hunter to get the perfect shot at close range to actually drop the hog. They show that and basically make people believe that all you need is a game air rifle and PBA pellets to go take down wild hogs and thats a very dangerous and not true.. Those PBA pellets are not worth the money either.. Yes they will give you a few hundred more FPS but they are so light that they decrease the accuracy alot..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts