National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to go to the "range" (uncle's backyard) yesterday after a long week of having my new 9mm but not being able to shoot it. My brother, brother's girlfriend, brother's friend and brother's friend's girlfriend came with. We were going to show the girls how to shoot but only one ended up shooting.

We started out with the Beretta U22 Neos .22 pistol. We recently got a new flip/reset target at a gun shop. It was fun seeing how many times we could hit the four plates up and reset it with one 10 round magazine. Lets just say we were able to hit them and reset them at least once in 10 rounds. The fun really began when I put the red dot scope back on. Those scopes really make a pistol a blast to shoot. My brother's girlfriend shot the .22 and she really warmed up to it after her first round. I think she was a bit nervous at first.

We then moved on to my CZ P-01 9mm. I love this gun! Despite the fact that I was shooting low with it, I had a decent grouping at 20 yards. Everything about it is smooth and comfortable.

We finished shooting my pistols with the Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Its by far my favorite gun to shoot. Its amazing how accurate that thing is. There's something about loading a .45 round into the magazine that just feels manly.

My brother and his friends left after my dad had arrived. He brought down two old .22 rifles. One was a Remington 511 Scoremaster and the other was a Winchester 61. The peep sites on the Remington were a pain to use and I don't think they were adjusted right. The Winchester 61 was amazing. Its a great rifle. We were only out ~35 yards but we were putting our shots through the bulls-eye more times than not.

All in all, it was a great day of shooting. I was able to introduce some new people to shooting (and teach them some firearm safety), shoot my new pistol, and have fun with some .22 rifle target practice. I thing the only bad thing that came from the day is the fact that I now want to get a .22 rifle. I guess I just have to add it to the list!

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
You can't ask for a better day than that. Friends,fun, and firing your guns. The CZ line of pistols is one of the best IMHO. Good luck with it. :biggrin5:

·
Appreciated Member
179 Posts
Owning a .22 rifle is great and lots of fun! I purchased a Ruger 10/22 and modded it out with a bunch of accessories. When I take it to the range by friends always want to try it out and enjoy shooting it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts