National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I post this here because i think that in the us they have the most knowlegde and expirience about weapons since i didnt got a satisfying answer on my question while searching the local weapon-forums.

So i hope someone of you can give me an concrete answer.

I have a blankweapon for newyears eve and im thinking about making it fullauto because of the nice sound.

But im not sure if my gun can hold the thermical and kynetical workload,
because i heard the slide can break and the rear part can fly around, cause semiauto weapons arent made for fullauto action.

My Question is what could happen in the worst case?

I for myself am not very skilled about weapons, but i think because the lack of a projectile the burngas can exhaust free through the barrel, and the power of a blank round is just enough to put the next round in.

This is my weapon, ME9, a Walther PP remake

http://sotisbg.com/shop/images/ME9Para_hrom.JPG

http://www.me-sportwaffen.de/instructions_de/192181.pdf

·
Registered
568 Posts
Concrete Answer: Dont ever modify guns or any firearm to do something it is not supposed to do. Also, the possession of a automatic weapon without a class III lisence and federal approval is a federal crime. There are no excuses or ways around this. thankyou and have a nice day.

Edit: A blank weapon, as in a weapon firing blanks, or a weapon that cannot possibly fire ammunition?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
OMG. LOL. Good one you sicko!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I believe the gentleman/lady is writing from Germany - he/she needs to consult with local authorities - if the piece in question is STRICTLY a noise maker/blank gun - German regulations may cover it.
Sportsmansguide, here in the USofA, a couple months ago, was offering a full automatic 8mm blank firing subgun - with a ROF of 1200 rounds per minute - pretty expensive noise maker.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
32 Mag beat me to it. This question from our foreign friend, can only be answered in the context of local laws in his jurisdiction. That aside, Cy and I are in agreement. Do not ever modify a firearm, real or toy, to operate in a manner for which it is not designed. If it is designed for blanks, shoot only blanks. If it designed for semi-auto, do not modify it to shoot auto. To do otherwise is foolish from the safety perspective and may be illegal from the law-enforcement perspective.

Hopefully that answers your question. If not, I would urge you to check the laws in your area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
soo thank you for your answers,

but the reason why im posting here is that my fellow-countrymen told me plenty enough of this "you are going to jail" and whatnot.
Where do you know im german?

I just didnt know that its also forbidden in the us. man that sucks

i thought you can buy kalashnikovs and uzis in america? sorry of course i dont wanna do something illegal.

But now back to the Question, i really didnt wanted to know if its forbidden or not or how expensive it is.

I just wanted to know THEORETICALLY what could happen when you would fire a few clips after and after in fullauto

No my weapon of course is a pureblank weapon only for firing fireworks i have no ammunition or sharp guns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I better leave it semi auto youre all right

but could you tell me if this with the slide is true, i mean its steel, and an blank round?

and can you tell me why everybody is so mysterious upset when talking about fullauto weapons?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Sure, if you can explain why you think it's a good idea to ask complete strangers who are outside of your country about this, and without even disclosing where you live.

Your fellow countrymen have already told you it's a bad idea that could get you in legal trouble in Germany, ask THEM why it's a bad idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course many people in the net are completely strangers, i extra registered in an us forum, and yes i live in germany, berlin.

I think its a good idea because the most germans in the forums have no ambition to answering questions, theres more ambition to insult, maybe because im a newbie or because of their prudish bitchy "you can answer your question alone or your totally stupid"-behavior.

I thought its another thing here, but im sorry for disturbing you and wasting your worthfull time. I dont know whats the problem but ok, you say it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And for that i didnt ask you if its legal because i wont do it anymore so its not important if its legal or not,i just ask for the physical ability of the material or experience-worthes.

·
Balanced is so subjective
494 Posts
Why does this strike me as Columbine-esque?

Everyone already told you that you need to check your local laws. Furthermore if it's theoretical then there is no need for a concrete how-to answer.

Mods?

·
Registered
568 Posts
You can have automatics in the us, with them either permantly modded to be semiautomatic only, or with legal permits and lisences (class3 permit) own them. But they are so expencive, burn through ammo, and are generally more of a hastle than a virtue. I would much rather rent a sub at a gunrange.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"rent a sub" - ask that a german gunrange owner

i dont wanna know how-to? i meant what when, and not what the law is doing then.

I can't escape the feeling that you think that i have a real gun, no my modell is only existent as a blankweapon, as i said its just a remake and has a thick wielded-in bolt in the barrel, and the barrel has a predetermined breaking point, in case you try to drill it up.
in ger blankguns see the light only one day a year, on newyear, and they get used for shooting fireworks or just let it bang and then they dissappear in the cellar again till next year (or till next football world/eurocup). we dont use them so often, but its more seen as a firework tool than a weapon. so this is a very safe thing this blankstuff.

7 rounds mag
50 rounds = 14 € = 1,96/mag the price is ok i think

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
kl225 -
Don't be offended - the answer to your question, theoretical as it may be is as previously stated - don't change a semi to full - even with blank loads the inertial and mechanical forces generated by rapidly cycling the slide will most likely destroy your PP replica.
As for the "outrage" - many US firearms owners are very sensitive to being asked questions about full auto conversions simply because our "gun police" the BATFE have been known to "fish" for people willing to advise or to actually perform illegal modifications - and therefore they become very suspicious of anything that seems to be that type of question.
I, personally, think it would be a bad idea both mechanically and legally to make the conversion on your "noisemaker".
Welcome to our forum and please come back often and contribute to our international flavor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kl225 -
As for the "outrage" - many US firearms owners are very sensitive to being asked questions about full auto conversions simply because our "gun police" the BATFE have been known to "fish" for people willing to advise or to actually perform illegal modifications - and therefore they become very suspicious of anything that seems to be that type of question.
oh sorry, that was naive from me.

then i better stay with semi, but anyway it would be extravagant. so i have to go to bundeswehr to hear that awesome sound, or take a trip to the states.
Then i could even feel the power of that machine. glowing steel, fire, smoke and big bangs, i just like that, new year is just the best day of the year

no need to be suspicious, im 23, bicycle-mechanic and live in west-berlin

and thanks for the answer

marco

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
so i have to go to bundeswehr to hear that awesome sound, or take a trip to the states.
Then i could even feel the power of that machine. glowing steel, fire, smoke and big bangs, i just like that, new year is just the best day of the year

Well, for those who haven't had the pleasure, here's the Bundeswehr making that awesome sound:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
kl225 -- No harm done. Just please understand that some in our country become suspicious anytime a stranger asks question about modifying a firearm. As Mr. 32 Magnum mentioned, the BATF (the federal agency with authority over firearms) has been known to try to get people on forums to help them find people who make illegal firearms or who take legal firearms and modify them into illegal ones. I understand and believe what you are saying about just wanting a noisemaker for New Years Eve, but please understand that some of our members tend to be a bit nervous when strangers ask questions about things which might be illegal.

Hope you stay around and continue to post. There is much to be learned here and our members really are a friendly bunch. We’re just a bit concerned about where our gun rights are going with the new president and his administration. He is very strongly against private firearms ownership and has promised to try to curtail many of our rights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts