National Gun Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Irish Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Eh I know I am kind of old school Ruger P anything in 9mm (I prefer the 89) it is a tank, weather resistant not proof still has to be cleaned after rainy/snowy days. Like I said I am old school.
I’ve had many people speak negatively about Ruger, but I like them. I used to carry a Ruger SR1911 myself

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,586 Posts
I don’t think I own a Ruger semi-auto pistol. Got rifles and revolvers coming out of my ears though. Despite not having a semi-auto made by Ruger, I’ve got a funny story for you.

Neighbor’s brother-in-law has been out to the range many times. Usually with the neighbors. He had a hand me down Ruger, can’t recall the model. It was big, it was ugly but it went bang. Jammed up a few times with feed issues. I asked him about it one day and he said he got it from his dad a few years back.

Fast forward 6 months. I’m down at the neighbor’s, he’s showing off his new toys. He mentioned the brother-in-law was trying to talk him out of one of his pistols because he didn’t have one. When I asked what happened to the Ruger, he started laughing. Apparently, the brother-in-law had handed it over to him, disgusted and wanted him to get rid of the POS. So, the neighbor took it apart, then called the brother-in-law and asked him when the last time he cleaned it. It was caked inside. The brother-in-law had apparently never cleaned it in the years he owned it. Sooo, the neighbor cleaned it. It ran fine. He said he wasn’t able to get it all out but it ran good. He still found a buyer for it but it wasn’t the gun that was the problem.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,432 Posts
Ruger pistols are, generally, clunky and ugly. Often, they are big qnd heavy. Relatively recently, this has changed... somewhat.

Ruger pistols work, every time and they come with a bullet proof warranty.

·
Super Moderator
12,317 Posts
I've never seen a Ruger I didn't like. I've had a couple of P89's and they work flawlessly. I'd like to get some more P series Rugers.

One of my favorite rifles is a M77 MkII in 30-06. Great rifle and it shoots way better than I do.

The mini-14 isn't my favorite and I wouldn't choose it over any of my AR's.

Of course, the Super Blackhawk and the GP100 are among my favorites of all time!

--Wag--

·
Irish Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I don’t think I own a Ruger semi-auto pistol. Got rifles and revolvers coming out of my ears though. Despite not having a semi-auto made by Ruger, I’ve got a funny story for you.

Neighbor’s brother-in-law has been out to the range many times. Usually with the neighbors. He had a hand me down Ruger, can’t recall the model. It was big, it was ugly but it went bang. Jammed up a few times with feed issues. I asked him about it one day and he said he got it from his dad a few years back.

Fast forward 6 months. I’m down at the neighbor’s, he’s showing off his new toys. He mentioned the brother-in-law was trying to talk him out of one of his pistols because he didn’t have one. When I asked what happened to the Ruger, he started laughing. Apparently, the brother-in-law had handed it over to him, disgusted and wanted him to get rid of the POS. So, the neighbor took it apart, then called the brother-in-law and asked him when the last time he cleaned it. It was caked inside. The brother-in-law had apparently never cleaned it in the years he owned it. Sooo, the neighbor cleaned it. It ran fine. He said he wasn’t able to get it all out but it ran good. He still found a buyer for it but it wasn’t the gun that was the problem.
Thanks for sharing that great story! I’m chuckling to myself :p

·
Irish Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Ruger pistols are, generally, clunky and ugly. Often, they are big qnd heavy. Relatively recently, this has changed... somewhat.

Ruger pistols work, every time and they come with a bullet proof warranty.
I’m actually very pleased with my Security 9

·
Live Free
3,463 Posts
I have never encountered a Ruger P series that did not run. They all go bang and they are not finicky regarding ammo. They are, as Popeye mentioned, sorta clunky and ugly…but they work!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts