National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I torture myself watching my gun auctions. Its not like I can do anything about them. Some weird stuff happens though. Some of it is surprising. Like my Bond Arms Snake Slayer is at $725+10% buyer's premium at the moment. That's like $250 more than I paid for it. Some things you'd think would bring a lot, stall out. I have a damaged 1911 in there and an identical new one. The damaged one is bringing in more than the new one. It's different every time. Got about an hour left on the guns. Accessories and ammo will start closing in 2 hours.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know why I torture myself watching my gun auctions. Its not like I can do anything about them. Some weird stuff happens though. Some of it is surprising. Like my Bond Arms Snake Slayer is at $725+10% buyer's premium at the moment. That's like $250 more than I paid for it. Some things you'd think would bring a lot, stall out. I have a damaged 1911 in there and an identical new one. The damaged one is bringing in more than the new one. It's different every time. Got about an hour left on the guns. Accessories and ammo will start closing in 2 hours.
If I may ask, what auction house or online auction site are you using? Is the market looking for particular firearms at the moment in your opinion(Lever action rifles, 1911, etc)? I have acquired more of everything gun related than I can use in the next few decades with the exception of primers. Much appreciated.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If I may ask, what auction house or online auction site are you using? Is the market looking for particular firearms at the moment in your opinion(Lever action rifles, 1911, etc)? I have acquired more of everything gun related than I can use in the next few decades with the exception of primers. Much appreciated.
I will be honest, this past auction was sloooow… I am guessing Bidenomics is really hurting the market. I ended up with 7 back. Among those were 3 of the 1911’s, 2 stainless Springfields and the BBR 3.10, one Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor (although the ammo sold). Two XDMs came back which were on the upper end of the polymer flavor. The 380 EZ came back which was a big surprise considering the reserve that was on it.

That said, the RPR 300 PRC sold, so did the Kimber Stainless II, the S&W 1911, the damaged Springfield Loaded sold for about the same as the new ones were bringing, the rest of my Springfield polymer collection sold, 3x cheap AR-12 style semi automatics, the bond derringer sold, the 1871 open top sold. I can’t recall the rest I sent.

300 PRC, 308 win and 10mm ammo did not sell. 40 S&W ammo sold like crazy. It was sold within 2 days of listing.

I use an auction house that is local to me in central IL. I run a lot of guns through them coming and going. I don’t pay transfer fees and they turn a profit when I get bored with something. It’s a win-win for us.

·
Registered
AR15s and Modern 9mm Walthers
6 Posts
Gunbroker auctions and the 15 minute rule is interesting. I have won auctions that I dragged out for an hour or so late at night and I think the other bidder got tired or fell asleep. Hehe

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gunbroker auctions and the 15 minute rule is interesting. I have won auctions that I dragged out for an hour or so late at night and I think the other bidder got tired or fell asleep. Hehe
I am always targeting the auctions that end late. Holidays too. Ones where drinking is prevalent, Labor day, leprechaun day, independence day... Guys too busy tying one on...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts