National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Last Stand on Earth
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday, my brother and I went on a 12 hour scavenger hunt for ammo and reloading supplies. We started the day with phone calls only to be told that everyone was out of stock On what we needed. Pictured is what we managed to obtain For a whopping $325.

Started off the day on a lead for primers which landed us at a shooting range 90 min from my house, which I was able to get 1 box of primers, 100 rds of 45 ACP and 470 rds of .22LR.

From there, we ended up another 30 min further away in a small town where a guy had a shop in his shed behind his house. That produced another 3,000 primers for $193. Combine the $325 product cost to the $40 in fuel and 12 hours of hunting and that’s an expensive booty. Insane.

My brother ended up with 3,000 primers of his own on this quest.

· Aim true !
14,169 Posts
Wow crazy how stuff has gone up. Suggestion to help with 22 ammo and any others that walmart carries. I use brickseek. Easiest way i found to use it. Google ''22 lr ammo walmart brickseek.'' Then when you find the link. Put your zip code in. And it will show what stores have stock or no stock. At stores around you.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rural King hasn’t increased their margin either. A few got a little more expensive but mostly due to distributor increase. Walmart has contract prices. No way around that for distributors. If you want to do business with Walmart, what they quote is it.

· Registered
344 Posts
Two months ago I stopped at local Wally and checked the sporting goods dept. Saw two white buckets hidden behind some rifles. Finally got an employee with keys to open up. Bought both range buckets 22LR -- happy camper!!!

· Registered
6,726 Posts
the supply/demand problems will increase and the only relief will be a Trump win this November......
if biden wins, the mad rush to buy will immediately get worse as it did at the start of obama's first term....at least two more years of intense pressure on the supply.

i wonder how many folks have already stopped going ot the range simply because of no ammo, too expensive, or just hanging on to what they got because its going to get worse?

Reactions: Wag

· Registered
1,944 Posts
the supply/demand problems will increase and the only relief will be a Trump win this November......
if biden wins, the mad rush to buy will immediately get worse as it did at the start of obama's first term....at least two more years of intense pressure on the supply.

i wonder how many folks have already stopped going ot the range simply because of no ammo, too expensive, or just hanging on to what they got because its going to get worse?
Don't count on ammo supplies getting better if Trump wins or loses. If he wins there will be riots, if he loses expect a continued run on ammo and guns since Biden has vowed to confiscate assault rifles. If we lose the Senate and don't win the House stand by for a Liberal's wet dream of gun control legislation.

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
Reading this, I am thankful that I always overstock when available and reasonably priced. There is some ammo available in this area (Texas panhandle), and some is fairly reasonably priced considering, but handgun ammo and .22 are pricey...supplies very limited. Reloading supplies are a bit sketchy too (mostly bullets and primers).
It was a real pain moving my supplies back in July...but I am sure glad to have them!:cool:

· Registered
26 Posts
I don't think a Trump win will end the problem. The Fascist-left/democrats have already declared they will 'burn it all down' if Trump wins. Seems this mess is gonna get worse no matter what. If Biden "wins" I for one, will not believe massive voter-fraud was not committed, so......

· Registered
17,522 Posts
It’s almost as bad as the great toilet paper shortage...:oops:

Worse, there are many other options for TP but not so much for ammo or reloading supplies.

Reactions: AgedWarrior
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.