National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some recommendations. I wear dress slacks and a button up tucked in to work every day. Have to be on project sites in rough parts of town and would like to carry on me, not just the center council. Here's the problem. Ankle holster, forget it. Tried my S&W bodyguard and is a definite no go. If I wore a jacket all the time my xdm sub compact 9mm would be great, but I can't.

Fact of the matter is neither option works and the only feasible option I've explored is a small pocket gun. Not a huge fan so far but have not done a large amount of due diligence. Thought I would ask the experts. I'd prefer 380 minimum, I've heard 22 claims of stopping power but have a hard time believing it. It's difficult to go from having a 9mm with capacity to a two shot 22..

I'm open to all feedback.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Aim true !
11,795 Posts
The body guard wont fit in your front pocket?

·
Aim true !
11,795 Posts
Bummers how about a ruger lcp?

·
Super Moderator
14,760 Posts
I don't know about your particular situation. Depending on which state you are in and reciprocation with your home state, is open carry an option?

Alan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have a ruger LCP 9mm and still is too obvious. Need something smaller with a holster that makes it appear to be a money clip or cell phone..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Open carry is not an option, concealed carry is also frowned upon within my organization so discretion is highly important.

·
Aim true !
11,795 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,795 Posts
Another option may be the taurus curve.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
my normal pocket carry is a ruger LCR in the front pocket and a Beretta 950 in the back pocket......

For something smaller in the front pocket, i have a Kel-Tec P32.........it is very small, flat, light.......and reliable. 32 ACP fmj's will ruin anyone's day......still prefer a revolver for pocket carry.

you might want to consider something like a Sneaky Pete holster on the belt or a DeSantis pocket shot holster in the back pocket.......that ought to give some options..... https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/6...MItpbYzout3gIVDEwNCh12UAKzEAQYBCABEgIU0vD_BwE

·
Aim true !
11,795 Posts
I pocket carry my KEL-TEC PF9. It does not print. I wear a size up in pants or shorts.

·
Super Moderator
14,760 Posts
Sometimes I carry my Sig P238 in my back pocket. But I wear crocks, baggy jeans (not the made to be baggy ones, that's just the way they are), a Khaki shirt NOT tucked in, and an old boonie hat. I think the pistol probably prints but it's under the shirt. People just naturally leave me alone, and try to stay out of my way. I seldom shave or watch where I'm going and that only adds to the "don't touch" aspect of my daily life.

One of the ways that folks survived living with Indians was to act crazy and they'd leave you alone. It works in our society too, except that it attracts other crazies! But then you can have a good laugh!

Alan

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I think a wallet style holster would work for you. Several companies make different versions for several different guns. Search around for what suits you. Here are a couple of examples...

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
I have that holster for my LCP. Its very well made though in just like all leather wallet holsters they will bend. What he needed to do was include wood or plastic support to keep the edge from bending.

OP have you tried the 380 LCP, Kel-Tec P32, AMT 380, Seecamp in 32 or 380, Khar 380, NAA 22 Magnum, SIG 238, Colt Mustang, etc etc they're so many out there you just have to look. You can even put all of these on your ankle with an ankle holster. Have you even looked into the ankle holster?

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,259 Posts
There is also the Sneaky Pete holster, that looks like a cell phone carrying case. Just saying.

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
The trouble with most holsters is that they add bulk to whatever firearm you're carrying. I preach on the forum here and there about using a belly band which allows you to tuck your shirt in around your IWB carry. It's not a perfect solution, to be sure, but concealability is very good and I almost never print, so long as my clothes are right. Ergo, pants a size larger than usual, shirts can't be fitted shirts or "polo" style shirts, etc.

I've come to believe that concealing a firearm has a lot more to do with the clothing you wear rather than the gun, holster, spare mags, etc. You may find that an undershirt with concealment pockets will be a solution to consider, pants with holstering pockets made just for concealment purposes, etc.

An example: https://www.ccwbreakaways.com/
Another example: https://www.undertechundercover.com/
(I know nothing about these guys, just an example.)

The one thing that keeps me from buying concealment holsters are those belt clips. To me, it's an advertisement that you're carrying something under there.

Anyhoo, let us know what you come up with.

--Wag--

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
I can make a LCP disappear in any pair of pants; another option would be a J frame revolver - its rounded shape blends in better with the rounded shape of the human body.

·
Jesus Saves
8,096 Posts
The Ruger LCPII (.380) is a nice semi, small, compact, easy to shoot. It's been on my list for a whole now. My son just bought the Sig 938 (9mm) and it is a blast, small, compact, easy to conceal and very nice to shoot. Slightly larger than the LCPII but it may work.

I'd look at both. The .380 may not be the best, but it's better than nothing. The Ruger is a nice piece.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts