National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freedom munitions seems to have a steady supply of 30-06 ammo available that’s good for my M1. I’ve tried to find reviews about their ammo online but just see some articles about how the company filled for bankruptcy a few years ago. Has anyone used their ammo, or their 30-06 ammo?

·
Aim true !
11,333 Posts
I used to order from them. Never had a problem with their ammo. I now reload though. There was some static about their quality going down some with the panic buying. And them trying to keep up on production. But then folks will complain just to put a company down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've bought from them many times in the past but not any more. The company was bought by another company a couple years ago and prices went way up and that was before the shortages. Also the last couple orders I did 4-5 years ago took weeks to ship. To many other companies willing to take my money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Original company either went bankrupt or was bought before filing I don't remember which. I had several dealings with them and never had any issues. But haven't ordered in quite a while. Was going to order some ammo from them so wife can practice with her new purchase since I had not found any of the caliber she needs. I did order several boxes from them the other day so will see how long it will take to receive them. In fact they are cheaper than what I could fine from any online stores that had ammo in stock. New rounds and not reloads. I also reload my own but needed more cases so figured what the heck. I will post my results once I receive the order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Freedom munitions seems to have a steady supply of 30-06 ammo available that’s good for my M1. I’ve tried to find reviews about their ammo online but just see some articles about how the company filled for bankruptcy a few years ago. Has anyone used their ammo, or their 30-06 ammo?
I purchased quite a bit from them in the name of Xtreme Bullets. They are mostly copper plated and were at one time great. This was about 10 years ago. I began to notice bad plating over time and it got worse. The .30 cal shot horribly in my .308. The only good ones I found were the 9mm 124 grain and the .40 180 grain. I still have about 500 to load and they shoot great. Very accurate and no fouling. Beyond those I cannot recommend any others.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Original company either went bankrupt or was bought before filing I don't remember which. I had several dealings with them and never had any issues. But haven't ordered in quite a while. Was going to order some ammo from them so wife can practice with her new purchase since I had not found any of the caliber she needs. I did order several boxes from them the other day so will see how long it will take to receive them. In fact they are cheaper than what I could fine from any online stores that had ammo in stock. New rounds and not reloads. I also reload my own but needed more cases so figured what the heck. I will post my results once I receive the order.
They used to use stepped brass which is really brass plated steel. Check it with a magnet. Lemishine turns it orangeishish color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts