National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sales Rep
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.earplugsonline.com would like to send all interested NGF moderators a free pair of our premium quality ear plugs so that you can test and review them on behalf of all NGF members. Our "Mighty Plugs" are the highest rated ear plugs on the market with a Noise Reduction Rating of 34 decibels, and we also believe that they're the most comfortable ear plugs in the world given that they're incredibly soft, moldable, and provide an individual custom fit to your ear canal.

We firmly believe that we make the most effective and most comfortable ear plugs for shooters, and we happily invite any interested NGF moderators to test our claims on behalf of your members. Please send me a PM if you'd like a free pair and would be willing to write a review.

Always remember to protect your hearing when shooting, and thanks from all of us at Beneficial Products Inc. and www.earplugsonline.com.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I received a set of these plugs from the sponsor, prior to his offer for MODS.

Upon initial inspection, they looked quite different from the "typical" foam earplugs. They are larger, and seemed quite firm (hard).

When kneading the material as the directions indicated, they softened up quite nicely. I was unable, thought, to push them "in" and onto the ear. I had to "mould" them into a conical shape, insert them, then flatten them out over the outer ear. They fit and moulded quite nicely, like swimmers earplugs. They do not give you that "pressure" that foam plugs produce as they try to expand against the ear canal walls. I ran around work for a few hours on a forklift (no suspension) and they never lost their seal.

I shot a 44 mag lever gun, about 50 round at the range. These plugs sealed the sound quite nicely, and blocked more noise than my basic shooting ear muffs.

They fit very well for me, and are re-usable many times. They filled the whole outer ear, not just the ear canal like foam plugs, so you certainly never forgot they were there.

My only question is, can they be washed, and how?

I was pleased with the plugs, but they are likely not for everyone.

I received these plugs as an offer from the sposnor. I did not ask for them, and I took them with the understanding that I would post my review of them, GOOD OR BAD. I have nothing to gain from reviewing these plugs. I am not associated with the seller. I am not the site owner and have no financial gain from him being a sponsor. As consumers, you all must due your due dilligence, and determine if the product is right for you. Because I have received the product and reviewed it, and decided to keep and continue to use the product, I am contacting the seller to pay for what I have received. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
As the Admin, I decline any offer of any freebies from any advertiser. Advertisers have a business relationship with the owner of the forum which we do not have anything to do with. As mods, we are essentially the "traffic cops" who keep the place safe and (hopefully) fun. Personally, I won't take any gratuity from anyone, whether they are advertisers or regular members.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: By declining this offer, please be clear that I am not suggesting that it is wrong for another moderator to do so. Each of mods can make up his/her mind whether or not to accept this offer. I just choose not to.

·
Sales Rep
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@220 Combat: Thank you so much for your fine review. We're always glad to receive feedback from satisfied customers, and we take all customer input very seriously as we constantly try to improve our product. A few comments:

1) One of the greatest benefits of our ear plugs is exactly what you mentioned-- they don't expand to put pressure where it shouldn't be in the ear canal like foam plugs do, and as a result they will never make your ears sore no matter how long you use them. Because of the unique combination of materials we use (beeswax, refined cotton and lanolin), these ear plugs become extremely soft, mold with heat to provide a complete seal of the ear canal, and remain about as comfortable as an ear plug possibly can be. Many people who use our ear plugs (myself included) sleep with them in every night, and if comfort is the goal there's really nothing better. (The fact that we also have the highest NRR rating of any ear plug on the market is nice too though.)

2) Unfortunately the ear plugs cannot be washed, but they can be kept clean fairly easily. Basically, just using q-tips in the morning and washing your hands if they're grimy before inserting them will ensure that the plugs stay clean for a really long time. Most customers report that each pair is good for about 2 months before they throw them out, but we've had customers report that they've been using the same pair for years without a problem too. Before I was a sales rep I used to buy a 12-pair pack once every two years, so longevity was never really an issue.

@Gunrnr: We do appreciate the concern you've raised, and I want to emphasize that we want nothing other than an honest review of our product. This is true for two reasons-- first, we care immensely about our integrity as a business and don't want to create anything related to a conflict of interest, and secondly-- in the rare case that a reviewer is unhappy with our product, we want to make sure we fix whatever that person didn't like. Our goal for 15 years has been to produce the most comfortable, most effective ear plug that exists in the world. We believe we've achieved that goal, so if anyone has any gripes with our product we take that input to heart and do everything we can to address those concerns.

We completely respect your decision not to accept our product. Let me assure you, however, that 100% satisfaction is guaranteed for all of our customers, moderators or otherwise. Anyone who orders our ear plugs and isn't satisfied with them is guaranteed a refund, which is very much the same as testing out a free pair anyway. And if you'd be willing to order a $1.95 sample pack from our website and review us after receiving it, we'd be every bit as grateful as we would if you'd let me send them to you personally.

As always, thanks from all of us at Beneficial Products Inc. and www.earplugsonline.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts