National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i was recently moving and found this gun tucked away in the corner. i was really curious to find out what kind of gun it might be / how old it is etc but i know nothing about guns so i figured i’d ask here.

i was thinking it was a toy but my mom said it seemed too big to be one. any help would be appreciated! 014E7069-FD16-48F8-AD73-66EC0D84DCA0_1579365980420.jpeg

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
Reactions: Speed and SGB

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Looks like a wood stock to me with a really bad refinish

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
bb gun

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Crossman produced a plastic stocked CO2 powered BB gun lookalike to the .30 M1 Carbine back in the early 70's. Can't really tell from the photo's if it is one of the Crossman's or an actual M1 Carbine.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Barrel looks too large for a BB gun. Hardware looks stout also. I don’t see a place for the co2 cartridge and it doesn’t appear to be a break barrel. Is there a bolt?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
As I recall the Crossman's were a semi auto BB gun not a break barrel. I don't recall where the CO2 cartridge was stored, maybe in the mag well. I believe that the lookalike M1 Carbine magazines were also magazines for the BB's. I've seen a couple of them but, never fired or handled them.

Interesting how the people who post pics of fake wall hanger guns, replica's and lookalike BB guns asking us to identify them, never seem to show a good photo of the guns action or any real features that would identify it as an authentic firearm

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Take a picture from the top, right behind and in front of the rear sight. Look for any stamped words like “ INLAND”.
3EA620E9-129B-46BE-84A6-DB44C7C09144.jpeg

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,923 Posts
I vote for toy.

Reactions: SGB

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
Since I live in New Jersey I had to sell mine. I really loved mine. :cryin:

Well no one needs a fully semi auto assault BB gun!:lol::lol:

Reactions: Wag and Speed

·
Registered
894 Posts
Took a little digging, but it is a Crosman BB gun. See that little metal plate in front of the magazine well?
Not a M1 Carbine feature. Here is a link to the owners manual on the crosman. Scroll down a couple of
pages to figure 4. Interesting gun---BB's in the handguard, barrel cocking like a Winchester 1911 shotgun.

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/articles/203549600-M1-Owner-s-Manual-EVP-1967-1976-

Click on CM1-OM in center box for a pdf of the manual

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts