National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"ABC's politically charged Oscar telecast averaged 23.6 million viewers on Sunday night, the smallest audience ever, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
THR noted that total was “well below the 29.56 million and 7.7 for last year's awards,” and down 20 percent in year-to-year viewers. The Oscars managed a 5.3 rating in the key demographic of adults age 18-49, down 31 percent from last year’s 7.7 demo rating.
The lengthy, host-less broadcast fell almost 2 million viewers short of the previous all-time low, when the Oscars averaged 26.54 million viewers back in 2018."

It starts off explaining perhaps why. Notice that one out of five people drop from watching each year.
Quote from: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ricky-gervais-oscars-2020-politics

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
It’s just a bunch of know nothings who can’t resist telling the rest of us their enlightened but completely wrong views, all while patting each other on the back for doing what they get paid to do.

·
AZHerper
3,745 Posts
Just try telling me that giving the South Korean movie "Parasite" the best picture award wasn't politically motivated. :mad2:

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,329 Posts
It’s just a bunch of know nothings who can’t resist telling the rest of us their enlightened but completely wrong views, all while patting each other on the back for doing what they get over paid to do.
Fixed it for you.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if you people noticed. Obama got an Oscar for a so called documentary that his production company did. Obama and documentary just don't mix.
Now why Obama has all this money now? The corruption is about to be revealed in its entirety.

·
Live Free
2,883 Posts
I cannot figure why anyone would watch that junk, or the Grammy Awards, etc. Who really enjoys watching a bunch of egotistical people patting themselves on the back for the less than stellar junk they put out while they mock and ridicule our nation and our president?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
A TV show were they give away something called "Oscars" to overpaid "performers"? Do they actually have a show to display such a trash? Unbelievable!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
i did not watch as i figured it would be nothing but leftist propaganda, snowflake sunshine and roses, and trump-bashing..........

and i do believe that plenty of people tuned out to avoid such political agenda swipes.......

frankly i wish they would put the oscars on pay-per-view.......now that would be telling.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I don't know if you people noticed. Obama got an Oscar for a so called documentary that his production company did. Obama and documentary just don't mix.
Now why Obama has all this money now? The corruption is about to be revealed in its entirety.
He and his "other" made a lot from book deals when he left

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Saturday Night Live has been a non stop bashing exercise from the opening monologue to the last skit for the last 3 1/2 years. All of a sudden now they start picking on the Democrats. The only Trump bashing is when they do their “weekend update “ segment. The ratings have been suffering and I think they were told to back off. It was so bad I wouldn’t even watch it. My wife likes it but it was even too much for her.
This last episode was even watchable. The opening segment was a total Demobash and it was funny.

·
Aim true !
10,318 Posts
How do they know how many watched it?

·
Registered
741 Posts
"Parasite"? "Judy"? "Marriage Story"? Who watches this complete crap? Even "Joker" wasn't that good.

No wonder nobody watches the Oscars, anymore. Nobody even sees the movies they give awards to. Who
cares what they think? Seriously, I attend the movies with family at least twice a month, and I don't even recall
most of these movies even showing, at the theater. IMO, most folks want to see action and adventure, not gloppy
social message vessels. Everyone wants to watch The Outlaw Josey Wales, not Bridges of Madison County.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,285 Posts
who is oscar and why is he on tv

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
... Everyone wants to watch The Outlaw Josey Wales, not Bridges of Madison County.
Seriously... We need to quit watching any of them. They make money off that. Then give big sums to the lunatics known as the Democratic Party.

I seriously can't understand why (forget his name) goes and makes a political statement in the Oscars. Tries to say the Senate was so wrong in not convicting Trump. The guy definitely doesn't have a brain. No way.

I've had people ask me if I'm a Trump fan. I don't like that kind of thinking. That is what the Democrats do. I staunchly support President Trump because he's doing a great job. Period!

And like one of their people in the mainstream media said: He (Trump) hasn't done nothing compared to what they've (Democrats) done.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
"i wish they would put the Oscars on pay-per-view.."

May be a good idea, but, I do not think it would happens because they know no one in their right mind would pay to watch such trash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts