National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Aim true !
14,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone had an ops. I was processing range pickups and discovered them. Reverse glocked brass lol. The cause spread at the mouth. Matched up to a 40sw case.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Im going to say that's not possible or highly unlikely.

· Live Free
4,516 Posts
Interesting. I did not watch the whole video, but I assume the extractor held the cartridge well enough to fire it. Interesting. I also thought it was pretty strange to just keep shooting when you have problems like he was experiencing, and the different sound/feel. To me, he should have stopped and checked it out a little better.

· Registered
2,264 Posts
I've seen it before also seen .40 S&W that had been fired in .45 ACP. Was at the range with some friends a few years back and we were shooting bulk pistol ammo from military ammo cans One guy had a Taurus in .40 S&W the model that looks like a 92 Beretta another guy had a Beretta 92, there was also a Springfield XD in .45 ACP and My Milspec .45. My friends brought a guy with them who seemed to have gleaned his firearms knowledge from watching action movies and he wasn't real attentive when it came to loading the magazines from the bulk ammo cans. After seeing the results of a .40 S&W fired from the .45 XD and a 9mm fired in the Taurus .40 S&W both incidents by the guy they brought along with them. I informed them I wouldn't be going shooting with them again if they brought that guy along.

· Registered
4,411 Posts
Yea I think this topic was discussed before. The extractor would have to hold the case. Try it in your guns and see how often that happens.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
I went to the range with a guy one day that could not figure out why the pistol he had was not as accurate as it should be. Got set up and loaded the mag and shot it. It was decent as far as accuracy. Not great. Cycled a little funky though. Happened to look down as I turned around and saw some split cases on the ground. Got to checking things and discovered that his pistol was .357 Sig.
Not 9mm. Like the ammo.
But it did function. Luckily without apparent damage to the weapon of a person......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,411 Posts
'Ole Coal got him a side hobby brass business. I called the indoor range I used to be a member of and asked if I could buy some brass. Just a one time deal. They snapped back with an immediate no. They may have mentioned they had a contract with someone. Every once in a while I see buckets loaded up sitting on the side. I asked one time if I could load one up in my car they laughed and said no.

I try not to get carried away but I sweep up all my brass with a nut grabber. Some people don't always follow the rules and use the squeegee they have to sweep all their brass forward of the line. I get all the brass in my area, not always all shot my me. I chase my brass but sometimes on the way I pick up strays. I sometimes help out and sweep brass in a pile out of the way. I accidentally run over the pile while using my nut grabber to grab my brass.

Back when shotgun hulls were gold at 8¢ a piece. I ran into the groundskeeper at Tanung, the range they shot clays in the 88 olympics in Seoul, when I was stationed in Korea. I saw bags of hulls laying around. We had a language problem but I asked what he did with them and could I have them (or buy them). It looked like he got excited and was glad to give them to me. I think He chucked them and was glad some dumb American wanted to haul it off for him. I shipped hay bale sized boxes back to the US by SAM so it didn't cost much. Made pretty good money selling them mostly Win AA.

Reactions: Coalcracker

· Registered
6,726 Posts
a lot of the caliber swaps from lone wolf and a few others involving glocks and such are nothing more than dropping an aftermarket 9mm barrel into the slide of a 40 cal pistol.....and the extractor is expected to hang on despite the breach face and extractor being set up for the factory 40 barrel........

Reactions: Coalcracker

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Did it once. Had a pair of gen 2 Glocks set up the same. Same grip/sights etc.
Grabbed a box of 9mm and the G17. Turned out to be the G22 40 cal.
1st round fired. Didn't cycle the action, but I saw the bullet impact,
so I racked the slide. Extractor didn't grab the next round, and it fell out the muzzle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.