RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,407 Posts
What are they pellet guns?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are they pellet guns?
Yes, all three are Air Guns or pellet guns if you like. The rifle is an Air Arms Pro Sport and the Hand Guns are a Beeman P11 and a Weirauch HW75. Two springers and one pump so they don’t require CO2 or an air tank. Perfectly legal where I live to fire within the city limits or in my back yard. Depending where you live that may not be the case. As I said for those days when I feel like shooting something and cannot make it to the range.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Those airguns you have are pretty fine. I surely do like springers myself but never shot any high-ends like yours. I have an el Gamo .177 rifle that I got back in '75 for $24, though, and you can shoot the 'nads of a gnat with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those airguns you have are pretty fine. I surely do like springers myself but never shot any high-ends like yours. I have an el Gamo .177 rifle that I got back in '75 for $24, though, and you can shoot the 'nads of a gnat with it.
Thank you sir. But it doesn’t matter what the cost only that the result is that you enjoy it. The only gun I owned back in the 70s was a BB Gun my father bought me and believe me I enjoyed the heck out that one. Spent many an hour in his backyard just firing that gun at a little tin foil pie plate.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,407 Posts
I had a BB revolver that I sold, I like pellets better they're more accurate
The one I have is Co2 powered, it's a modified Crossman 2240, very accurate at 45-50 feet (which is all I need for the backyard)

Nickel size target from one side of the house (basement) to the other (about 43 feet)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have a 10 yd pellet pistol range in my basement for no-range days. I use a Crosman 1377 ($60) and a Air Venturi V10 ($270.). Both are more accurate than I am. :smile5:

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is a nice Air Arms. They haven't made them like that in quite a while. I have an Air Arms 1989 22 call with the side lever. As they haven't made the model since 1989, I have had a very hard time finding parts. The seals are beginning to dry, so you hear the spring then it shoots. Any idea where I might be able to order seals? I cannot even order them from Air Arms UK themselves.

·
Aim true !
10,068 Posts
There was a guy at the gun club with a nice looking air rifle. It had a stock nicer than some powdered rifles have.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm a big fan of air guns. I've owned several brands but now have it down to just two. I have a RWS Diana model 34 in .22 cal. this is a 'springer' and my newest and meanest one is a Benjamin Marauder PCP in .25 cal. (photo). The PCP is incredibly accurate , with the scope I can stack pellets @ 17 yards, which is the limit of my basement range. It puts out 45 fpe and that's good for small game. I use it for rabbit control and one shot is all that's needed. It uses an 8 shot magazine so repeat shots are quick. No recoil, very little noise and a lot of fun. I zero @ 17 yds because my backyard limit is about 37 yds and that makes it zeroed at that distance as well.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You can "build" your own Crosman CO2 pistol at the Crosman Custom Shop. Just don't specify the red-dot sight (it's a piece of junk). Other than that, you get a custom gun at a very good price.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You can "build" your own Crosman CO2 pistol at the Crosman Custom Shop. Just don't specify the red-dot sight (it's a piece of junk). Other than that, you get a custom gun at a very good price.
I got a $30. BSA red-dot for this. It fits the rail on this pistol, and works great. Although my score is usually 47/50, I managed to shoot a 50/50, hand-held, at 10 yds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also shoot air guns at home when I don't feel like going to the range or want to do some shooting dirt cheap. The Crosman 1377 multi pump is my favorite. $33 Wal-Mart rollback price a few years ago. I installed a steel breach and the longer stock. It's very accurate at 60 ft with only five pumps. Ten pumps a pellet goes through a soup can. The accuracy and power of this inexpensive gun amazes me whenever I shoot it. Hitting a coffee can at 100 ft consistently with the open sights is doable with 7-8 pumps.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,407 Posts
edited

1 - 14 of 14 Posts