National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tactical flashlight mounts for pistols on my web site mikesbrightlights.com. I have only sold a mount for a rifle so far. Is there a market for flashlight mounts on pistols? Would you put a flashlight on your pistol? Just looking for some input. Thanks.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,708 Posts
Personally, I would not for a variety of reasons.

They do sell well. Several companies sell self-contained lighting units and mounts for handgun use.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I like separate units. The light doesn't always need to point the same way as the handgun. Personally, I don't like handgun-mounted lights for another reason -- same as I don't like lasers -- who needs a beacon saying "Here I am, Shoot My Ninja Ass!"?

I don't know what the numbers are, and I doubt there are accurate numbers anywhere, but unless and until I'm guaranteed of seeing the BG before the BG sees me...

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I am not going to get any. We leave a few lights on in the house at night plus I prefer a hand held light. Old school I guess. :D

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I like the laser on my Smith model 38 since I can turn it on once I acquire the target and avoid even thinking about the sights. Much faster, in my humble opinion.

As long as you don't let your ego tell you to use the laser as a light to find the target you will not attract attention to your location, but will have the advantage of a quicker more accurate shot.

Use the laser as a shooting tool not a beacon to intimidate and locate a target!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at the Insight Tech M3 and the Surefire X300 and the main difference is the light and mount are one piece. Is that more desireable than having a light that you can remove and use separately? I also noticed that both the Insight and Surefire use LED lighting. The TACM III that I sell uses the xenon bulb which gives you more natural white light closer to natural daylight. Thanks for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts