National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of handguns with rear sights that are part of the frame. One is an inexpensive Heritage 22/22mag revolver which actually shoots great groups. The other is a brand new Taurus Judge with the longer barrel. The 22 shoots about a foot to the left at 25 yards. The windage of the Judge is off to the right (I am not as bothered by elevation, both shoot high). I HATE this! I swore I would never buy another gun with basically no sight adjustment again, but the Judge has been hard 2 get here and I got a decent deal. Plus I am the ultimate "gun whore" and can't seem to help myself. I have learned that by widening the rear notch, I can move my windage. Can anyone tell me about how much of this "widening" it would take to move a foot at 25yds? If point of imp. is left, I should remove a small amount of the right "ear" correct?

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Welcome from Texas. I have no information on your question, but I'm sure some of the other members will be able to assist.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
It is rather common to see old Colt M1973 single action army revolvers with the front sight bent either to the left or to the right. This is simple windage adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts