National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts?

I am just starting to learn to shoot. I want to take a beginners class at the local range, but I am just so busy with work that I can't find the time when they have them. I might take a vacation to get one in!

I'm a young professional male, looking to find a good release to get away from it all. I've been to the range once and shot a bunch of different guns. I had no idea what I was in for, but now I'm hooked. I want to get a decent .22 that from what I hear is cheap to shoot(ammo) and a good starter.

I don't really want to start with a revolver like most people say to do, but am not opposed to it.

I've read around and this seems to be a good middle of the road .22.

Thoughts? Advice?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I too am totally sold on the Ruger 22 LR semi-autos. They are accurate, inexpensive and rock solid. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look very german. I don't really love the look, but I just want something to shoot low cost ammo and get a feel for practice, practice, practice.

Then I can move on to bigger and better things. I'll give the Ruger line a look.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
CosmoKramer said:
They look very german. I don't really love the look, but I just want something to shoot low cost ammo and get a feel for practice, practice, practice.

Then I can move on to bigger and better things. I'll give the Ruger line a look.

Lots of good used Rugers Mark I through Mark III's and 22/45's are available at gun stores for low prices, and they don't wear out. People trade up and for other larger calibers so it is usually not hard to find a good well cared for ruger.

I favor the Bull Barrel versions in the 5.5" barrel lengths.

·
Registered
213 Posts
most .22 handguns have that "German" look. I think Ruger MK's and Browning Buck Marks are real nice. If you want a more "tactical" looking .22 maybe look at the Walther P22

1 - 6 of 6 Posts