National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Indiana is allowing pistol-caliber rifles this year, I just had to get one, so I got a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag back in June.

Then my doc said I should pass this year and hunt next year, but I couldn't stand it. Rifle season opened this morning, and I paced till noon, then bought the license, and dropped the buck at 2:30. 100 yard shot with 240 grain JSP, and the deer just turned, and dropped within 15 feet. Just happen to have room in the freezer, too. As long as I don't offer any venison to my doc, everything is fine......... right ?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
That's FANtastic! Dropped a deer 2.5 hrs after buying your license! I'm impressed. I agree, don't even offer Doc a steak. And you can only eat the lean stuff! LOL

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...venison is all lean stuff........... my wife doesn't like venison, so...... I get to eat the whole thing............. life is good !!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Yeah, I know...enjoy!

G

·
i feel so left out. i read about people getting deer and i haven't gotten a dang thing in the past 3 years except raccoons :( i hope this year will be better. i just wen out and got me an H&R Handi rifle in 500 S&W shooting 500gr rounds. and hopefully i can be like you Jay and get something

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I hope you don't shoot a raccoon with a .500 S&W -- AND -- I hope if you shoot a deer with one, it's one BIG DEER!

Welcome to the forum, Marc! If you have a minute, maybe you could go over to the New Member thread and let everyone say "Howdy" to you. We're a pretty friendly bunch (for the most part). :i:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marc, I'm only an hour north of you. C'mon up and I'll share some venison, and we can spend a day shooting. By my reasoning, those should be the best two offers you've had in the last hour....... :D

G

·
Jay do you go down to camp atterbury and shoot? their new DNR range is very nice. Also i an always up to go shooting. and i need to get my Handi rifle zeroed too!!!

I would be more than happy to come up cause i have a huge craving for some venison.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never been to Atterbury. I've heard nice things about it, but it's a bit far just to shoot. Within 15 minutes of home there's 2 200 yard ranges, 1 100 yard range, and some private land I can shoot on. This weekend is wide open, but I have classes to teach at the range on Dec 1st, and 2nd.

What's yer pleasure sir?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts