National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a Springfield/Stevens Model 52 made in 1914 given to me by my grandpa. He told me that he didn't know what was wrong with it and that it wouldn't fire and that I could have it if I wanted to fix it. After taking a look at it, I immediately noticed that the firing pin has been taken out completely. What makes this difficult to fix is thatI can't find anywhere online that sells the firing pin for this particular model. These guns are very similar to the Savage Model 3, but are slightly different. Does anyone know what firing pin, if any, will fit and work for this gun? I've seen several that look as if they would work, but I don't want to pay $25 for a firing pin that doesn't work and then keep trying and failing spending a large amount of money for nothing. I'm not sure what a gunsmith will charge to make one, I'll be finding that out soon to see which route is best to take.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
NumrichGunParts.com list them: Striker, Used Factory Original - Condition May Vary
Manufacturer: SAVAGE

Model: 51, 52, 53,

Product #: 1568070
Under $15.00 and they pay the shipping. If it is the wrong part put it back in a $2.00 mailer and ship it back. They are great to deal with.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much. Idon't know what I did wrong, I went to this site before and never saw this, I must've overlooked it or something. Thank you for saving me the time and trouble of going to a gunsmith.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts