National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many here can tell the difference between a firework going off and a pistol / revolver / rifle of any caliber or caliber sound equivalent. Such as a 22 short / long and a lady finger

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,198 Posts
I can't explain how but I can tell the difference between fireworks and gun fire.
Gun fire sounds different. It's a denser bang than a firecracker if that makes sense.

· Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear firearms being shot a lot where I live. Two three times a week. Being from Connecticut its not exactlly all sweaters, apples and Fall foliage like Connecticut Magazine, politicians, and lib/progs want you to believe.

I will say sometimes its a bit difficult and so I was just wondering.

· Super Moderator
16,637 Posts
I can tell the difference. When I hear people say, “it sounded like fireworks going off...”. I know they haven’t been around gunfire.

and, gunfire has a very distinctive sound when it is Coming toward you and away from you.

if you hear the bullet then the bang, keep moving!

Alan

· Premium Member
9,954 Posts
The .22 rifle has a very distinct hyper velocity crack. I’ve heard fireworks going off that I believe we’re pistol shots. 6 shots each about 5-6 seconds apart.
My neighbor Was setting off some fireworks in his back yard and the cops came to my house! I was like “ why would you think it was me?” Fireworks are illegal in NJ. Surprise surprise.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,112 Posts
Around here, it more often gunshots than fireworks. And you can tell a difference, gunshots have a reverberation as the bullet travels through the air.

Reactions: Kobs

· Banned
129 Posts
The .22 rifle has a very distinct hyper velocity crack. I’ve heard fireworks going off that I believe we’re pistol shots. 6 shots each about 5-6 seconds apart.
My neighbor Was setting off some fireworks in his back yard and the cops came to my house! I was like “ why would you think it was me?” Fireworks are illegal in NJ. Surprise surprise.
+1

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Here I could shoot my guns in my backyard at night on the 24th of June (national what ever) and no one would know the difference loll

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.