National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out to the range today with my "new" (to me) but old S&W 1006 that I recently acquired. Nice. Really, really nice! I have been shooting 10mm in a S&W Mod 610 revolver for some time, but had never shot the caliber in an auto, as it is designed for. It handled well and was very accurate. It did fine with several different handloads from 135 to 200 grains. I'd have to say that it shoots and handles like a .45 ACP, with about the same felt recoil and report. I didn't do any drills, just casual target shooting, so I really don't know what my score would look like. Think I'll practice with it a bit and try the drills / PPC later.

Meanwhile, a big "thumbs-up" for the S&W 1006!

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Thanks for the report!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baldy said:
Sounds like you got a winner there Mr.Gunrnr. I would like to try one myself but I don't know anybody who's got one. Good luck with yours. :)
Gracias, Señor Baldy! I had been wanting to try a 10-series for a while, but I seldom see them on the forums and when I did, the prices were way out of my humble league.

It so happened that I was looking at a firearm on GT for one of my regular customers and chanced upon the ad for the 1006, which had been posted <2 hrs previously. Coincidence? Chance? Karma? Dumb Luck? Don't know, don't care -- I tripped into a very good deal and that alleviates some of the "Aw-Shoots!" for several of the times I missed out on good deals by a couple of minutes. Especially gratifying since I hadn't logged on to GT for several months, since it has become such a circus over there, and just happened to notice the ad. (Now don't flame me, GTers, you know it's true!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts