National Gun Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
This was exactly the type of post I was looking for. Especially before posting any kind of questions. I have been doing a lot of searching and reading, ok more the picture threads, but you get the idea, lol. As someone new to firearms this post is great. I will be reading this on and off over time.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
When at a shooting range, take steps to protect yourself from hot flying ejected brass, from others as well as from your semi-auto. Wrap-around eye protection as well as a cap with a visor helps. For woman, no low cut shirt/top. The hot brass hitting you is bad enough, but the surprise response may cause you to shoot something you don't want to.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Greetings...

Here's a quicky that's always helped me:

Whenever you buy a new gun, ALWAY READ THE MANUAL! Even (especially) if you think you already know it all.

Here's why:
Ever since I was a kid, just about every year of my life, I've read The Lord of the Rings. It's kind of turned into a tradition now.
A three book set I sort of failed to return to one of my friends.:aureola:
Everytime, I always seem to discover something NEW. I'm sure that if you've ever done something similar, you know exactly what I'm talking about!

I've gotten a few of the exact same guns over the years - But I always read the manual, and I almost always discover something new.
Maybe I forgot, or maybe I just missed it the first time...

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
Understand the importance of a proper grip

0653.jpg

First, you need to determine the type of gun you will be shooting. A semi-automatic handgun has a slide that shoots back whenever the weapon is fired. If your thumb is sticking up behind the gun, you may just lose it or at the very least have a very painful broken bone.

If you are firing a revolver, you will notice a small gap between the chamber and the cylinder. Do not put your fingers near this gap when firing otherwise you will be burned.

Regards
ARMARIN

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
Always aim to improve

Never assume that all of your shooting skills are mastered. Everyone in the gun world, including champion competitive shooters, have areas in which they can improve. Just because you can shoot a 9mm semi-automatic handgun does not mean that you will be comfortable shooting a .45 Colt single-action revolver or an AR-15 rifle.

Regards
ARMARIN

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Holy powder!
All three videos that I posted yesterday now disappeared!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Again a "TOPIC" that 3 years mandatory Military service after High School could cover. Everyone put`s too much on gun control. A Majority of the countries that have the low firearms crimes also have the Mandatory 3 year service. MMMMMMMMM WOW what a coinkydenc

61 - 71 of 71 Posts