Salmon Slayer
403 Posts
I too support them.
Wood Audio equipment Gas Electronic instrument Machine

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Premium Member
7,977 Posts
I just joined and donated. They seem to be a busy group. Do they win any battles?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,281 Posts
I just joined and donated. They seem to be a busy group. Do they win any battles?
Yes.
Recently they've started a FB page and toot their own horn more than I believe is necessary. 'Course, they've got a lot bigger than they were in 2014 when I started with them. Then, they were an adjunct to the Second Amendment Foundation, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, CalGuns, and the California Associations of Federal Firearms Licensees.
The initial aim was to attract young shooters to activism. I believe they acepted my offer to lobby on their behalf because they were a nine man group back then. They're still trying to get young folks involved but realize its old folks who have the money and experience. They are pragmatic realists.

·
Premium Member
7,977 Posts
I feel that the NRA has lost its influence and teeth. I’ve joined the GOA and now this coalition. I have to be a member of the NRA as an insurance requirement of my hunting club. I also feel that we can’t just be a member of one advocacy group. We look much bigger when we pump up memberships. Getting the youth involved is paramount to long term survival. I’d be willing to pay for a membership or two of younger shooters. We also have to be aware that what happens in California, Virginia and New York, isn’t someone else’s battle. What these dirtbag politicians can do in their state effects my state. When California bans a gun, it emboldens New Jersey to do the same with the attitude that “if it can be done there then we can do it here”.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts