National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do think that you could build yourself a very valuable portfolio in firearms. If you buy smart firearms are almost like collecting coins, they can grow in value very rapidly and make you a good return on your investment.

Have you looked at firearms as an long term investment opportunity??

·
Registered
648 Posts
I will have to remember this as an excuse when I buy yet another gun that my wife says SHE can't afford....

·
Registered
957 Posts
My Grandfather passed away probably 150-200 guns. Dad sold them for my grandmother, I remember him telling me that it wasnt as good as investment as traditional Stock/bonds type stuff. Investment wise, I bet you would have to get into class three stuff to get real appreciation from it. A few years ago, in a class III dealers shop, I saw a Browning BAR. It was 3500 dollars, Now I think they go for $12,000 +.

Dad priced the guns according to the "blue book".

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
red-rider said:
My Grandfather passed away probably 150-200 guns. Dad sold them for my grandmother, I remember him telling me that it wasnt as good as investment as traditional Stock/bonds type stuff. Investment wise, I bet you would have to get into class three stuff to get real appreciation from it. A few years ago, in a class III dealers shop, I saw a Browning BAR. It was 3500 dollars, Now I think they go for $12,000 +.

Dad priced the guns according to the "blue book".
Some of the older Winchester and Colts have appreciated about as well as the stock market over the years. Assume a 10-12% long term return from the stock market. Kinda like CA real estate.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Dad does have a couple of Colts that he couldn't find buyers for. Its a pair of commemorative cap and ball revolvers, one Ulysses Grant and one Robert E Lee. Here's the catch, they have the same serial number, not consecutive. As far as I know, he still has them, he priced them kinda high, Im guessing because of the serial number thing, and couldnt find a buyer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts