National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can put your wish list for firearms you really want here.

Here's mine:

M1 Garand and M1 Carbine

Colt SAA

Swedish K

Hi-Point Carbine

SKS

Remington TAC-14

Norinco Type 56

Mosin-Nagant

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I am going the other way... been selling a few guns and passing some others to my children

I now have (or have had) the ones I wanted to try or keep

Certainly the impulse buy of another firearm is still possible… but I’ve turned my attention to shooting the ones I own (and to collecting knives)

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts

Here's mine:

M1 Garand and M1 Carbine

Colt SAA

Swedish K

Hi-Point Carbine

SKS

Remington TAC-14

Norinco Type 56

Mosin-Nagant
That’s an awesome list!

·
Registered
47 Posts

Here's mine:

M1 Garand and M1 Carbine

Colt SAA

Swedish K

Hi-Point Carbine

SKS

Remington TAC-14

Norinco Type 56

Mosin-Nagant
If you are looking for the Hi-Point 995, 4595, etc.,... the easiest place might be HiBid or ProxoBid on-line auctions under 'Guns and Military Artifacts'. I find a great many rare, unusual, and unique forearms through them as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently fulfilled my most current wish list item. I purchased a 1996 Marlin 444P lever action rifle.
The rest of my 'Wish List' consists pretty much of one of each firearm I currently do not own 😁.
But really, sometimes I don't know I want a firearm until I see it somewhere. Remington has a factory Custom 1911 .45 acp I saw at Guns Unlimited.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,672 Posts
I am going the other way... been selling a few guns and passing some others to my children

I now have (or have had) the ones I wanted to try or keep

Certainly the impulse buy of another firearm is still possible… but I’ve turned my attention to shooting the ones I own (and to collecting knives)
Ditto. Except my knife collection now numbers somewhere in excess of 1300.

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
My list is way too long to fit on this forum.

--Wag--
Mine as well so I'll just say one of everything listed in this book and one of everything not listed in this book. Minus of course the few I already have...
Book Publication Font Wood Book cover

·
Last Stand on Earth
6,026 Posts
I’m not a collector. I have an itch every now and then, but I’m pretty happy with what I have. The only thing I don’t have that I kind of want is a 1911 in .45. And I don’t even know where to start. But they are beautiful.
Once you do it, you won’t go back. Nothing feels as good in the hand as one of those finely crafted chunks of steel. If you can afford it, go with a Dan Wesson Pointman. Watch Gunbroker. I got my Pointman 7 for a steal at $1200 new. Added a set of alligator leather grips and a stainless magwell. I have a lot of nice midrange level 1911s but DW takes the cake.
Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel

The Razorback is similar and comes in 10mm if that’s your fancy.

·
Live Free
4,423 Posts
I’m not a collector. I have an itch every now and then, but I’m pretty happy with what I have. The only thing I don’t have that I kind of want is a 1911 in .45. And I don’t even know where to start. But they are beautiful.
There are a lot of good 1911’s being manufactured nowadays. You can hardly go wrong with a Dan Wesson as already suggested. Springfield Armory makes several models that are quite good too, and for a lesser price. Bul Armory also makes some nice 1911’s. For a serviceable gun at a lesser price you might look at RIA guns or Tisas. That’s just a few ideas with a varied price ranges. There are also custom guns that draw premium dollar. Tisas can be had for a low price and yet they are really pretty good quality guns. I bought this one for a little over $400; it runs great on all sorts of ammo.

Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel

·
Barney
219 Posts
I'm not saying that I have everything I would ever want but for now I'm good. I do have two 2" .38 revolvers and I keep telling myself to get rid of one and buy a guitar with the money, but I'm good with guitars at the present as well. It is always nice to have something on hand to trade if an opportunity comes along.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts