National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a micro desert eagle pistol. It comes with the options of all blued, all nickle, or a nickle frame with a blued barrel and slide.
I'm leaning to all nickel but what would the specific differences be in cleaning the all nickel compared to the nickel frame with the blued slide or even the full blue.
This will be my first gun in either blued or nickel. Is there really a big difference in care or cleaning after shooting?

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
Is there really a big difference in care or cleaning after shooting?
[ Nope---- not that I`m aware of. Seems like I tend to scratch or mar nickel at times but I`m clumsey.

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
If you do that to your para you're gonna cry ;-)

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
My Para is brushed stainless steel.

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I've never been a fan of nickel finishes on guns, so I would pick the blued. Unless it came in a stainless model.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
look at the finish on various used guns.........

worn blue finishes seem to show "character".......

worn stainless finish just seems to show some brite spots.......

but a worn nickel finish? unless she's been a safe queen, they generally look scratched, peeling, flaking, worn thru, worn edges, discolored, or a combination thereof.....

anther consideration is the sights......would much prefer a black front sight and a black rear sight compared to shiny ones. Those nickel sights might be hard to pick up on target. I love point shooting, but i also like to stretch it out a bit and use the sights even for a pocket gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts