National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having to sit out last season, this guy steps out at 30 yards at 7:15 and causually walks away from me. I'm thinking he will stop at the feeder (150 yards) but no, he keeps going. At 170 I yell HEY. He stops and turns his head. had to do a quarting shot. Hit him just above the left shoulder in front of the left back strap and exited at the base of the right neck. The .243 brings another one home.

20191219_072327.jpg

·
Aim true !
10,285 Posts
Congrats. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Cool! Where in Florida did you get him?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hunt on a cattle ranch in northern Polk county. I run the web site for the ranch (huntinginflorida.com)

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Is that the same one that Tampa Bay Sporting offers bird hunting through as well?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. We only do dove hunts, spring turkey, deer and hog. The dove and hog have been rare this year but we have a boatload of turkeys.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Dam fine buck you’ve got there. I would be proud for him to ride in the back of my truck.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Bravo!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I have a sow pig coming to my feeder and the ranch owner really want her gone so I went out this morning to see if she would show up. Saw some turkeys and a couple of does early when about 9:30 this guy steps out. My year just went to exceptional!

C0ED6A95C15D4D1EAF911CF9A7E803C0.jpg

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,933 Posts
Nice! Now you must return until you get the pig.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not going to stop looking for the pig. Need to do her before she litters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts