National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gun Cashew
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This idea makes plenty of sense to me:

Schools to Teach About Guns? | Ban Forks and Spoons

Learning about guns in schools. More I think about it, the more I like the idea. It would be an elective and seeks to teach children about gun safety, history, legitimate uses, etc, much like we learn about fire and third rail safety.

If this idea caught on, I think it would help to dispel the mass ignorance we currently face from anti-gunners. Would be a long-term project, but schools are typically considered "neutral" places where sensible, pro-gun ideas could grow in young minds.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,723 Posts
This is NOT a new idea. They are simply restarting what was done in the past. Which is a great idea, because we had gun safety classes, **cough** years ago and there was almost never a gun related accident.

Reactions: DPM

·
Registered
888 Posts
In my high school we had a rifle club that met once a week (after school) and shot on the weekends and the shop teacher ran everything, and yes we brought guns to the school. I think it went away the year after I left. Any yea that was many moons ago.

·
Gun Cashew
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We began allowing communists and other antiAmericans to run our schools.
Sigh. :-(

Things have got to go another direction. I think kids of today will grow tired of all the restrictions and the pendulum will start swinging the other way. It may take time, and I'm doing my part - I'm hopeful things will relax.

·
Super Moderator
14,668 Posts
I tried to convince the "Powers" to let me do the "Eddie Eagle" thing in our district. Always got a "NO".

We did get a retired USMC Sgt. Major as a Special Ed teacher. I convinced him to write a curriculum for a Cadet Corps at the high school. He did and is still teaching it. They now have a rifle team but at this point only have BB guns. They use wooden rifles for drill. The Aransas Pass ISD Cadets use 1903 Springfields. We're working in that direction.

Alan

GHS_2086.jpg

·
Gun Cashew
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to convince the "Powers" to let me do the "Eddie Eagle" thing in our district. Always got a "NO".

We did get a retired USMC Sgt. Major as a Special Ed teacher. I convinced him to write a curriculum for a Cadet Corps at the high school. He did and is still teaching it. They now have a rifle team but at this point only have BB guns. They use wooden rifles for drill. The Aransas Pass ISD Cadets use 1903 Springfields. We're working in that direction.

Alan

View attachment 12418
This is GREAT! Keep us apprised of this. What's the website?

·
Super Moderator
14,668 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Back in the 90's, I taught "Eddie Eagle" lessons ( K-6) in my PE classes and showed the film. Did this for a number of years until some ultra liberal prof at the near by U of Iowa went to the school board and complained.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
I would love to get into the schools around here to teach.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Our schools have become socially ran by the libturds, the first lady has been very involved in this plus what our kids eat. our schools here have put a halt to some of it but it needs to improve. Girl scouts and Boy Scouts is the root of it in some areas and we use to have ROTC, What happened to that?

Teaching children about safety and guns and even sex education helps mentor our children in the right direction.

I really think the school system has lost touch IMO.

·
Super Moderator
14,668 Posts
When I tried to do the Eddie Eagle thing, the objection was mainly that it was the NRA sponsored program. They didn't care what the message was because it was from the NRA.

Alan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts