National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 10/22, an 870 20ga, and a SR22.

Bad weather, late nights at work, and just general bad timing have left me at 3 weeks with new guns and no range time. :yikes1::crazy:

Finally got some in today. Myself, my wife, her two sisters, their husbands, and my father in law got some shooting in.

All 3 ladies were first time shooters. My wife was all about the pistol. Was ok with the rifle and wanting nothing to do with the shotgun.

My sister in law is apparently a shotgun toting fool. She loved it. Hit on every shot too.

Had a great time. All 3 guns were sighted in close from the factory. Pistol needed a slight adjustment.

Now, I just need to hide my bullets from my bro-in-law. The man can eat some shells. :lol:

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Good on you. Tell me that Ruger 10/22 is one sweet little rifle ain't it.

Don't have any experience with the others but I am in love with my 10/22.

·
Banned
467 Posts
Nick, you have reminded me that I need to put in some range time tomorrow as well.

I need to try out some new hollow points with my 45 ACP.

Sounds like you had loads of family fun.

·
Registered
976 Posts
just got a 10/22 takedown last night sweet little gun cant wait to go try her out after i find a scope i wanted for it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good on you. Tell me that Ruger 10/22 is one sweet little rifle ain't it.

Don't have any experience with the others but I am in love with my 10/22.
Sure is, I don't see too straight and I was able to shoot open sights and hit on target out of the box. Surprised to say the least. Pretty quiet too.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
just got a 10/22 takedown last night sweet little gun cant wait to go try her out after i find a scope i wanted for it.
You got one! Good. I remember you talking about wanting one. I hope it turns out to be all that you wanted it to be

I keep gpoing back and forth on the whole scope, no scope question for mine. I can't hunt with it cause it is semi-auto. Can't use em in PA, so this is strictly a plinker or an out of state hunter. Add to that I got the black synth stock and a stainless barrel, so the scope I would want would have to be silver. ( Just for looks ) At 30 yards it is fun as hell to shoot just open sights and it is a good enough rifle that it makes me feel good about my shooting ability.

So right now at this exact moment I am not planning to put a scope on mine... Ask me again in 15 minutes you will most likely get a different answer.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Sure is, I don't see too straight and I was able to shoot open sights and hit on target out of the box. Surprised to say the least. Pretty quiet too.
I don't understand why Ruger sells these so cheap. ( Don't tell ruger I said that! ) The one I got changed the definition of " tack hammer " in my mind. If I was a video guy like Ken or Grizz I would try a video with this.

I would hammer a roofing nail part way into a 2X4, paint the head bright orange back off 20 yards and see if it really will drive a tack. With that thing on a sand bag... I believe I could get that. Not cause I am a great shooter but because the rifle is that accurate. With my luck though I would hit the nail - it would break out of the wood - and I would be explaining to the ER doctors just how a roofing nail ended up sticking in my forehead.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been seeing them between 170-240 this holiday season. Normally they were hovering at 200-270. Pretty good price for a good gun if you ask me. Of course, I think the Remington 870 at 299 is a pretty sweet deal too. I was able to plink with open sights at about 30yds without any problems with the 10/22. Which is great for me because I don't think I'm a crack shot. Sure feels good to hit what you are aiming at and if you don't, know that it wasn't the firearm, but you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You got one! Good. I remember you talking about wanting one. I hope it turns out to be all that you wanted it to be

I keep gpoing back and forth on the whole scope, no scope question for mine. I can't hunt with it cause it is semi-auto. Can't use em in PA, so this is strictly a plinker or an out of state hunter. Add to that I got the black synth stock and a stainless barrel, so the scope I would want would have to be silver. ( Just for looks ) At 30 yards it is fun as hell to shoot just open sights and it is a good enough rifle that it makes me feel good about my shooting ability.

So right now at this exact moment I am not planning to put a scope on mine... Ask me again in 15 minutes you will most likely get a different answer.
lol yup finally found one from a small local private FFL new in the box out the door for $325, i should add my wife got it for me for my Bday.
been looking forward to getting it to the range hopefully this weekend and will defiantly try it out without a scope before buying one for it im just glad it came with a rail,i hate trying to find a proper rail for pre drilled holes lol.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
I've been seeing them between 170-240 this holiday season. Normally they were hovering at 200-270. Pretty good price for a good gun if you ask me. Of course, I think the Remington 870 at 299 is a pretty sweet deal too. I was able to plink with open sights at about 30yds without any problems with the 10/22. Which is great for me because I don't think I'm a crack shot. Sure feels good to hit what you are aiming at and if you don't, know that it wasn't the firearm, but you.
This is exactly what I mean about this rifle making you ( or me ) a better shot. I am not a crack shot either but I can shoot like one if I am shooting the 10/22. It's just so easy to shoot. I love that gun.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
lol yup finally found one from a small local private FFL new in the box out the door for $325, i should add my wife got it for me for my Bday.
been looking forward to getting it to the range hopefully this weekend and will defiantly try it out without a scope before buying one for it im just glad it came with a rail,i hate trying to find a proper rail for pre drilled holes lol.
That is about what mine was out the door. I also picked up a 25 rnd magazine with mine so the total was a bit more. I will ditto about the rail. With the stainless barrel and brushed AL receiver they included a silver rail. On other models with a blue receiver they include a blue rail. Ruger just has the whole package right.

I have another one on my list of wants. I do not plan on pimping the one I own. But I would like to pimp one. Slide Fire Solutions makes a tactical stock for the 10/22 ( Doesn't everyone ) but with a trigger up grade to 3.5 pounds the same bump stock I use on my AR will fit and function on the tactical stock for the 10/22. Tell me a fully automatic and legal 10/22 would not be fun as hell.

·
Registered
976 Posts
yea i got the 10 round as well as a Ruger 25 rounder with it i think he threw it in free not sure the wife picked it up,
but yea i was looking at that slide fire kit too and a timney triger,not sure im going to do with the takedown tho probably keep it stock other then a scope and just get another regular 10/22 to modify.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts