National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally able to walk good enough to feel confident to hit the range. Wasn't sure how bad it would be with snow so i opted to just shoot at 50yds but also want to shoot some rifle. decided to try some 7.7 cast loads that i loaded using reformed .270 cases to make sure they would shoot fine and not split or anything. Seemed to work great in every aspect. Also brought a couple of revolvers in .357 and .44 mag being i didn't want to chase brass through the snow. Felt good to get out! Might try to go Friday too.

20200122_112221[1].jpg

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Sounds like your time off has not affected your shooting.
Heard that nice clink every time to hit the target.
Good shootin'
Glad your back in the saddle

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your time off has not affected your shooting.
Heard that nice clink every time to hit the target.
Good shootin'
Glad your back in the saddle

Well 50yds with a rifle isnt much of a challenge. With the .38's and .357's i was averaging 4 sometimes 5 and i think only once i rang all 6 with about 100 rounds i fired. With the .44 i did piss poor and only hit it a few times out of 50 or so. I'll have to bring that back out and shoot closer to see where I'm hitting. Don't know if it was me, or the sights got moved or it just didn't like the load.

·
Live Free
2,895 Posts
Glad you were able to get some range time! You will work your accuracy back with renewed practice. I am needing some range time myself, but we are knee deep in snow, and then some. Temps are up to freezing though, so I am hopeful to get in some rimfire practice, if nothing else in the near future.

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got out some ammo and will probably head out tomorrow too as it likes like it will be mostly sunny and break over 30 again.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Bravo

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Awesome! Glad you were able to get out. Im going to try tomorrow.

Reactions: Square target

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Wag and Coalcracker

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm getting out saturday. Picking up a new to me Sears and Roebuck single shot .22 at the same time. Get to sight in my .224 Valkyrie as well.
Meeting up with a guy from another forum I go on to pick up the rifle and spend the afternoon shooting. He could use the therapy anyway.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Going to shoot in the 22 savage tomorrow. Finally got it tonight.

Reactions: Square target

·
Super Moderator
11,366 Posts
Nice!

--Wag--

·
Premium Member
5,976 Posts
I’m going to fire some rounds today. I picked up two shotguns yesterday and I want to try them out. It’s not going to be a real target hitting range time but more some shots to check the function and see how they feel.
I have to go to my club and pick up my decoys anyway. I’m trying a new place to hunt geese tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i made it out and brought the marlin 444, win 94 30-30, raging bull and 1911. Had a problem with the 444. I loaded the tube and when i opened the lever everything locked up. No tools so i had to use a key and wiggle rounds around and manipulate them out. I think something is going on with the follower as it was feeding the rounds into the reliever and jamming it up. So i had to single load them, I'll take it part tomorrow and see what;s broke, broke or fubared. Someone was kind enough to leave me a whole bunch of 300 win mag brass too.
20200124_101641[1].jpg

Happiness is a large pile of brass.
20200124_120834[1].jpg

Reactions: Wag and Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
I like when folks let brass behind. I got the savage bolt shot in today. And ran my Ruger blackhawk 10mm/40sw some too. Just shooting up some collet pulled bullets i got from someone with it. Found a snow shovel too some left out in the bush.

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like when folks let brass behind. I got the savage bolt shot in today. And ran my Ruger blackhawk 10mm/40sw some too. Just shooting up some collet pulled bullets i got from someone with it. Found a snow shovel too some left out in the bush.

Cool deal, how does the little .22 shoot?

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went back to the range today. Just brought the 30-06 for a little 100yd shooting and figured i would bring the two home defense guns, glock 17 and mossberg 500 which i hadn't fired it quite awhile. Set my 100yd target up and stopped at about 25ds to set up my steel target for the pistol and shotgun and realized i only had the stand and post but forgot the plate, doh. The post has a steel protector so i shot at that some but it was sort of boring. Wanted to see how buckshot and slugs rocked the plate. Ended up leaving a little early.
20200203_120909[1].jpg

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
10,347 Posts
Sorry i missed the post about the how does the savage shoot. It shoots good. And the scope i put on was found in the woods. A tasco 3x9x32. It has a nick on it like someone dropped their gun. And it hit a rock. But it zeroed in and held. Im not going to complain lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts