National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son took me to the gun club. I managed to get it zeroed at 50 yards. Shot 5 more rounds to verify zero. I couldn't concentrate much longer. The benches there you have to straddle. And my leg was barking it me. It was good to get some trigger time in at least. Im going to pick up some of them targets. That the color changes when you hit. When i shoot it at 100 yards.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Im going to get these. I don't think ill be able to see where it at 100 with cardboard.
Found a better deal than walmart.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

If the range allows it you should pick up one of these Magnum FieldPods, things are almost as steady as a bench and a heck of a lot more comfortable as well. That's my Franklin 17 WSM resting atop.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that is nice. I don't see why they would have an issue with it. There is no range officers.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
There's two versions of this, regular is basically sitting height, Magnum allows you to stand but can be adjusted down to sitting.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the idea of changeable positions. I was checking out some reviews on them.

·
Registered
14,700 Posts
Im going to get these. I don't think ill be able to see where it at 100 with cardboard.
Found a better deal than walmart.
Through the scope you might be able to see the hits, but unless you have eagle eyes, at 100 yards your naked eye won't do.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah ill need to use the scope at that distance.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a Caldwell Magnum Field Pod. Get it. You won't be sorry. EVERYBODY loves mine.
I get my reactive targets on Amazon. If you look, you can get 75 for under $20. Or a roll of 3" for about $16 or so.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The field pod is going to be my Christmas present to myself this year. I didn't think to check amazon for the targets. I get bit a lot by ebay sellers sending through amazon. Think id learn by now lol.

Reactions: RMLamp

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
These are some of the ones I use.

If you watch Amazon, you can get the magnum field pod priced under $150. I think I paid about $130 for mine.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have bench top bogpod. I like it. I didn't see it on the site though.

I've got one of those as well, feels solid. Friend of mine recommended it a few months ago so I picked one up.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shot it at 100 yards. Did not have to adjust the scope at all. Took one shot at the reactive target. Hit the 10 ring. Then shot at cans then. Went out in the bush. Took my portable camp table to shoot from. Them little bullets get to the target fast.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My A17, has the heavy sport barrel not heavy, is a tack driver with the A17 ammo from CCI. At 100 yards or less, my soon that is not a really good shooter, uses the scraps of targets left from others to shoot at. He hits them too.
Definitely a 3F gun. Fast, flat and fun.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im using the CCI A17 ammo too. So far happy with it. I had one round that i needed to do a re-strike on. But it fired the 2nd time around.

A side note i can just make out where i hit on the reactive targets at 100 yards with a 12x scope. When i go out further. I'll need my spotting scope.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yeah, sometimes I can't tell a hit from the numbers. It depends on the color under the black. I don't have a spotting scope, but I do have the Caldwell target camera. I have used it out to 600 yards. The app also lets you measure group size as well as record video. And I can zoom in.
It comes with a camera/sending unit and a reciever/repeater unit. At 100 yds I only use the sending unit. They work like wifi. Love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts