National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I had to empty my shed (14X18) and level it back up cause a little sob gopher is living under it so this morning the sun was out and it's kind of warm, what do I see on the ramp of the shed? my little friend enjoying the morning sunshine. Right away I think this is too good to be true, the wife isn't there and I have a perfect shot at it so I took it. Went down to the basement put in a fresh Co2 cart. in the 2240 went back up and I sniped the little bugger about 40 feet from where I was. He made a few somersaults, tried to get back under the shed but he didn't make it I guess it was just nerves, his body didn't know his brain just went poof got him just between the eye and the ear as he was looking sideways.
Now i'm going to have to hide the body from the wife loll

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Good going! Now you have to use the rest of the Co2 before it leaks out.

Reactions: Kobs

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
They re-ran Caddy Shack Monday night. cleaner than the Bill Murry method.

Reactions: Wag and Kobs

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Now i'm going to have to hide the body from the wife loll
Easy with the S.S.S. method - Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easy with the S.S.S. method - Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up
Screw that. i'm just going to put him in a plastic bag and dump him with the rest of my garbage :lol:

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
They re-ran Caddy Shack Monday night. cleaner than the Bill Murry method.

But the Bill Murry method was way more fun!

Kobs why didn't you use the .460?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have had good luck with gophers with my 22 pistol with bird shot . When I see their head out of the hole, bang. Walk over and another blows em back in the hole and kick the dirt over the top. Real clean.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But the Bill Murry method was way more fun!

Kobs why didn't you use the .460?
Funny, No I used this (picture) and I was standing in my dining room with the door opened like 3 inches and the vertical blinds drawn, it was like a covert op. lol. But I'm going to work on my little badger, I ordered a set of rings to put that scope on it and I'm also looking into something else... you figure it out. (hint is sub sonic)

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,187 Posts
But if you used your .460, you would have vaporize that gopher, aka, nothing to clean up. :lol:

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True but I would've had to explain all the cop cars and swat truck :lol:

Edit: Aaannd me not there anymore lol

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
True but I would've had to explain all the cop cars and swat truck :lol:

Edit: Aaannd me not there anymore lol
If you only shoot once it's hard to figure out where it came from, shoot twice and you're nailed.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not going to take that chance, not even when peoples are celebrating something with fireworks :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,738 Posts
My neighbor was shooting off fireworks one summer and the cop came to my house! I look at him and said “why do you think it’s me.” He smiled and said knock it off and walked away.

Ground hogs are pretty skiddish around here. If there is any movement with in 200’ or any noise like a door closing, they’re gone. My Dad shoots right through the screen with the .22.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here we have rabbits like the city has cats, they're everywhere and not scared at all. One can be right at the curb when you pass by in your car and he won't move. I had one in my driveway and I had to honk to get him out of the way. Good thing we don't have a garden. the groundhogs are a bit more nervous but if you move slow they will look at you but let you come up to about 20 feet

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: The little bastidge is on it's way to the dump with the rest of the garbage, no bodies no crime :lol:

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Ground hogs are pretty skiddish around here. If there is any movement with in 200’ or any noise like a door closing, they’re gone. My Dad shoots right through the screen with the .22.[/QUOTE]

We don't have ground hogs or gophers at my sons farm in Texas. We do have lots of feral dogs and cats raiding our coops and goat herd. For that reason my second story bedroom windows do not have screens. One of my scoped up Cadets are sitting beside the south, east and west windows. My daughter in law works the 10 to 2 shift at the airport. Hee Hee Hee.:weapons:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Good shooting Kobs! The thing is, now whenever you post I'll have this.image of Bill Murray in Caddy Shack in my mind :lol:

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When the Sottish guy told Bill " I want you to kill every golfers on the course " :laughing:

That was my favorite line of that movie, I laughed so hard for an hour :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts