National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 May 2021

America is locked in to a 16 consecutive months of record gun sales, with April guns sales hitting at least 1.8 million and FBI background checks at over 3.5 million, the Washington Examiner reported.

The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System logged more background check in April 2021 than in any other April on record, according to agency statistics. The FBI also said it has set records for every month all the way back to December 2019.

President Joe Biden's recent gun control efforts have been credited for much of the most recent activity, especially his efforts at restricting semi-automatic weapons. The AR-15, the most popular rifle on the market, is particularly in the crosshairs of those seeking to ban guns.

At least 1.8 million firearms were sold last month, another record for the month of April, the Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting group told the Examiner.

"The April 2021 number of just over 1.8 million firearms sold is large," SAAF Chief Economist Jurgen Brauer said. "In fact, it is the largest April figure on record. While the year-over-year percentage increase of 2.1% is relatively modest, it nonetheless represents growth on top of last year's COVID-19 panic-driven sales boom. Handgun sales declined in April 2021 relative to the same month last year, so that long-gun sales drove this April's overall increase."

Before Biden was elected, gun sales were attributed to the COVID pandemic, with many people using their stimulus relief checks to purchase guns.

"Sales continue to be brisk, and we're showing growth in the 25%-35% range compared to last year," Justin Anderson, marketing director of Hyatt Guns of Charlotte, N.C., told the Examiner. "This is more natural growth and isn’t strictly being driven by political or other outside forces.

"More than likely, many of the 8 million people that bought their first gun in the last year have caught the bug and are buying more guns and accessories," he added. "While ammo remains scarce, Remington's ammunition plant is back online, and we think this will help to mitigate the unprecedented demand. We expect another busy summer, both online and in the store, and another record year."

Some people are buying guns out of newfound sense of fear.

"It just seems like we live in chaos and this is giving me some kind of control over that chaos," Atlanta resident Syra Arzu, 38, a first-time gun buyer, told CNN in March.

A friend of Arzu decided to buy a gun after Arzu purchased hers, and another friend went to a gun store to pick his gun up when Arzu was interviewed.

"So you're welcome, gun industry," Arzu said.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,665 Posts
If Democrats want to ban guns .......... they are doing it wrong.

·
Registered
665 Posts
If Democrats want to ban guns .......... they are doing it wrong.
I'll bet a lot of Dems have international business companies (IBCs) that buy gun industry stocks. You can set one up in a countries like Belize or Panama that don't have information sharing agreements with the US. All legal, but the press doesn't catch you owning gun industry stocks.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
I'll bet a lot of Dems have international business companies (IBCs) that buy gun industry stocks. You can set one up in a countries like Belize or Panama that don't have information sharing agreements with the US. All legal, but the press doesn't catch you owning gun industry stocks.
I remember a story several years ago where some prominent liberal unions had money invested in gun companies for retirements. Pretty sure it was some teachers unions and maybe some others.

Glad i could do my part in keeping those numbers up.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
381 Posts
03 May 2021

America is locked in to a 16 consecutive months of record gun sales, with April guns sales hitting at least 1.8 million and FBI background checks at over 3.5 million, the Washington Examiner reported.

I don't understand, over 3.5 million FBI background checks but only 1.8 million guns sold. Does this mean that 1.7 million background checks failed?

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
I don't understand, over 3.5 million FBI background checks but only 1.8 million guns sold. Does this mean that 1.7 million background checks failed?
Private sales and transfers. I'm sure some failures as well.

Reactions: Jim T.

·
Registered
665 Posts
No, it means 1.7 million people got tired of hanging around the LGS for hours waiting for the approval to come back and they went home.

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,658 Posts
A lot of folks in my area are buying hand guns. Because of the elements that are moving in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts