National Gun Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
While I don't particularly care for Alec Baldwin, I agree with up2it, in that he probably didn't know that he pulled the trigger. The very first time I went to a shooting range with my .40 caliber Beretta, there were several times when I pulled the trigger without realizing it until the gun recoiled. After practicing the proper way to hold the gun at home after that, I finally got into the habit of taking my finger off of the trigger after each shot, and placing my trigger finger on the side of the gun, like you're supposed to do. Now I do it automatically without thinking about it. If the gun that Baldwin had, was already cocked, then by placing his finger on the trigger when he was handed the gun, like an untrained person would do, it would be an unconscious move to pull the trigger. Like up2it also said, why would there be live ammo on a movie or TV set anyway? The person who loaded the gun should have known better than to put real ammo in a gun on a movie set....I mean, if the gun was going to be used in a scene, then when Baldwin was in that scene, he would have aimed the gun at the "victim" in the movie, and pulled the trigger, so the actor who was playing the victim would have been shot and maybe killed.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
From everything I have seen or read, everyone on the set knew that they were REAL guns capable of shooting REAL ammo.
If they had been tought to check themselves, they were supposed to be, it would not have happened.
If there had been no live ammo anywhere near the set, as there should not have been, it would not have happened.
Same with following the 4 basic rules of shooting.
There were a lot of fails on that set. Starting with safety not being tought to and the responsibility of EVERYONE on the set.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts