National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that my Ruger 22 autos take a liking to certain types of ammo. The 22/45 and older Mark I will shoot anything and like it but are more accurate with Remington Target ( which they should be).

But my 22 Ruger Mark II is very sensitive and jams up on the Remington Thunderbolt ammo that I have stocked up on over the years. Probably have 10+ bricks of the stuff.

What has been your experience with your Ruger? Notice any significant difference in ammo preference?

G

·
I have always had trouble with that Remington ammo! My MK 2 and my 10/22 both jam like crazy with that stuff. Guess that is why I have not bought any for many years. Both the above mentioned guns love the cheap Federal bulk pack from Wally World, however. Which is great, as it is about the cheapest stuff on the planet!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always had trouble with that Remington ammo! My MK 2 and my 10/22 both jam like crazy with that stuff. Guess that is why I have not bought any for many years. Both the above mentioned guns love the cheap Federal bulk pack from Wally World, however. Which is great, as it is about the cheapest stuff on the planet!

That is jacketed ammo right? Like the Winchester Wildcat?

Yes, I too have better luck with that. I think the Remington Thunderbolt has too much lube coating the lead and it fills up the pistol chamber and causes the jams. I clean the heck out of the chamber and then it works for a while longer before the jams start again.

It would not run at all in my high standard Victor.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
My Ruger has always run fine on anything but Remington. Oh it will run enough to go squirrel hunting but not enough to plink around all day.:biggrin5:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts