National Gun Forum banner

Exposed or Enclosed

• Exposed hammer

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here likes Exposed hammer Automatics, such as Beretta 92/96 and 1911s, and who likes enclosed hammer Automatics, such as Glock and Springfield XD?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i personally like the exposed hammers, preferably in a traditional da/sa action. i like to be able to see and control the hammer myself. it just works best for me.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Exposed hammer. Maybe its just what I am used to, especially since I like 1911's. Same goes for revolvers as well.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,669 Posts
Exposed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exposed. Either SA (1911) or DA/SA (CZ). Can't (read:don't want to) get used to striker fired pistol triggers.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Different configurations work better in different situations. I carry different ways depending on the situation, season, etc. Sort of like Mr. Lanber, they're all my "kids" and I love them equally.

·
Registered
338 Posts
gunrnr said:
Different configurations work better in different situations. I carry different ways depending on the situation, season, etc. Sort of like Mr. Lanber, they're all my "kids" and I love them equally.
You understand!!!!!! :i: :-B-: -I :---

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
zipperzap said:
I like exposed for holstered applications - and enclosed for hideout and pocket
pistols.
Precisely

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Couldn't vote because I like both but for different purposes. I like the enclosed Centennial style of my S & W, 642 & 442 for a ccw. I like the SA/DA of my wifes S & W, TRR8 and my S & W, 686PP for fun at the range and home defense. :---

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm with gunrnr and zip.
Exposed on 1911 holstered, concealed on the pocket rocket.

Love to say 1911 since the Glock is Gone. :i:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts