National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You think that a 9mm is a pretty big caliber, you shoot a lot of 22 long rifle and your main gun is a Glock 9 mm or maybe another brand.

Then you borrow a 40 caliber or a 45 acp and shoot for an hour or so, pick up the 9 mm and it seems like a toy, like the contrast between the 22 LR and the 9 mm before.

Have you found that contrast to be the case in your shooting experience?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SheNine said:
Hell yeah!!!

Imagine what my 9mm feels like after shooting the .454 Casull?!?!?!? :shock:
Like a toy popgun most likely! :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
818 Posts
Sorry, but I don't consider ANY gun a toy, whether it be a 6mm airsoft gun or a .50 BMG rifle. I am very happy shooting my 10/22 all day long. I don't need to shoot a "big gun" in order to feel macho. Hitting what I'm aiming at makes me more macho than shooting any "big gun" ever could. :-B-:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yeah. It's like going from a 5.56mm NATO to a 40mm Mk 19 grenade launcher. Completely different. :D

G

·
I won a P-38, GI bring back, in a polker game when I was 24. It was more accurate than my S&W .38 short barrel and a lot more fun to shoot. I got the full range up to .50AE, but I always go back to my 9mm.
Like the car I drive- compact, agile, goes where I point it. I've never been a brute force guy, no big blocks. My 3 litre will do an honest 142 with agility. I rag my son, a 5.7 fan, I call his Camaro the fastest dump truck in the county. On interstates he toasts me, but lets get on a winding road. All he sees are my tail lights.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yes, I had the large capacity Beretta for years in 9 mm. Shot it all the time.
I read about the 9 mm ability to stop someone reliably with the first shot and thought I would upgrade to the .45ACP. The military used it for years for stopping power so I went with the Beretta 8045 mini cougar.
To me the kick is not that much more than that of the 9 mm. I don't carry as much ammo but I have a little more confidence in the ability of the round.
I do shoot a lot of .22 in my large framed model 17. Now going from it with almost no kick whatsoever to the .45 ACP is a different story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts