National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your solution??

Do you toss the brass in the garbage? Or do you gently pop it out while wearing your hazmat suite?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
It's happened a few times and I've never had an issue popping it out with the regular decapping die. When this happens I have no other primers and no powder around and I'm wearing safety glasses.

To be more safe, yet, it might be a good idea to spray some WD-40 into the primer to de-activate it.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I set it to the side and when I am done I empty the primer tube and put them up. Then with the safty glasses on I slowly punch it out. I have had two light up on me and it's about like your old cap gun going off when you were a kid. Just pay attention to what you are doing and it's no big deal. :biggrin5:

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I drop the whole case in a small cup of oil. Then just throw them away. I'm a brass whore at the range so I can spare a few cases.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Nawww...I just couldn't do that. I grew up learning that you don't waste food and you don't waste brass. I haven't had one go off yet and if one did, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm not a brass whore ..."My name is Gunrunner and I'm a Brassoholic"...

"Hi, Gunrunner!"

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
"Hi gunrunner, welcome to the meeting"

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the WD-40 idea is a good one. I always pop them out also.

I did ignite one last year for the first time and it was a big surprise. But I was pushing way too hard and take full credit for the accident. They will gererally come out easy if you don't force them.

I have a hard time tossing good brass away.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
so from reading this I get the impression that spraying them with a little WD-40 will deactivate the primer?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Yes it will. Oil of any type does the same thing, but a quick squirt of WD-40 is probably the easiest.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Good info! Thanks gunrnr.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts