·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ouch:

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Yep, and I have the scar to prove it! Happened three weeks ago, actually!!!!

Thanks for reminding me though.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, and I have the scar to prove it! Happened three weeks ago, actually!!!!

Thanks for reminding me though.

What was the Pistol? A 1911?

The old M-1 rifle was a famous thumb buster.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Yup I got bit by my Astra .40 S&W many years ago while I was showing what an easy gun it was to take down, thought I was going to end up with stitches on that one. Sold it, bought it back, it bit me again, sold it again, haven't seen it since. I did however show the client the scar and made a nice little sign for the gun "warning this gun will bite you, treat it nice, and it will still bite you" :mad2:

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Ahhh Sig, why is this dolt wearing ear muffs/protection while "clearing" his gun? Maybe because he won't hear how loudly he is screaming "AAARRRGGGHHH This (&^*&& Gun"?? :yikes1:

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Problem was he had his finger on the triger while sticking his other finger in the slide... ^_^

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
What was the Pistol? A 1911?

The old M-1 rifle was a famous thumb buster.
Yep. It was the Taurus. The two problems I had were (1) the safety kept falling out, and (2) the slide lock wouldn't fully engage.

Gunsmith fixed both issues in a matter of half an hour or so, and now it's a gem!

G

·
Sort of.....
I was showing a friend of mine how to load strippers of ammo into my SKS and darn near removed my right thumbnail. That hurt!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Problem was he had his finger on the triger while sticking his other finger in the slide... ^_^
And a box of ammo sitting there.

Bad form all the way around.

Reactions: phiya

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
I got bit by a Browning Hi-Power once when I was about 15 years old. Was helping Dad clean it, and the slide slipped...... Got my skin caught in the slide!!!

OUCHIE!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ahhh Sig, why is this dolt wearing ear muffs/protection while "clearing" his gun? Maybe because he won't hear how loudly he is screaming "AAARRRGGGHHH This (&^*&& Gun"?? :yikes1:
And a box of ammo sitting there.

Bad form all the way around.

looks to me like he is at a range
Hearing protection
Eye Protection
Target
Ammo
Magazine
Weapon
Bench
and a wall beside the shooter

Just what it looks like to me

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
I've never stuck my finger in an open breach to 'verify'. A visual is enough thank you. Think whatever you want to.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yep.

It was my gun dealer. He was checking out my Springfield that I had just purchased. It had to hurt, but he didn't ask for help and I didn't offer. In hindsight, I wish I would have offered, because it's damn difficult to lock the slide back with one hand.
No blood, and he didn't say a thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts