National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1944 MK.5 enfield jungle carbine,she has full spark arrestor & bayonnet mount,kicks like a mule and has a flame front longer than your arm Imac cond,passed down Father to Son anything on these Rifles would be App :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the jungle # 5 smle in some circles can be worth up to 500.00 - 600.00 dolars canadian, if it's in excellent condition. i rebuilt and refinished one with a scope for my son in law. the wood was in bad shape so it was replaced with a ramline enfield 2 piece stock and forend.if you have numrich gun parts corp. cataloque, there are a few good books they sell on the complete enfield line with alot of historical info. scope mounts can be had for them, made by advanced technologies ltd. but they are expensive. a good stock maker can make a one piece stock for enfields, thus allowing you to cut off the center conection piece behind the trigger guard. when reblued they are a faily attrative rifle and for some strange reason , ammo is still redily available. good luck pblsyd p.s. my hunting buddy shot a 900 pound bull moose last oct. with a smle no.1 mrk.1. thank god for a.t.v.'s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pblsyd said:
the jungle # 5 smle in some circles can be worth up to 500.00 - 600.00 dolars canadian,
Thanks 4 the response I knew someone out there had to know what I was talkin about! ;)
My 1 was bought by my Father brandnew (thanks N.Z Army!) the thing was still packed in grease,or something to that Effect...Thats alot of money 2 would never have guest :D,sounds like you have a bit of knowledge concerning older weapons :?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my number 1 mrk 1 was in the box, packaged in greased waxed paper, bolt wrapped separately. it was purchased in kingston, ontario ,in 1971 for the grand sum of ........ $29.95 lol. at that time , as now it was a cheap entry level deer rifle. i think at one time every big game hunter in canada owned an enfield .303 british. i assume your #5 jungle rifle has the sling attachment in the side of the stock? i can't seem to find anybody who knows why it was designed like that. i've worked on dozenz and dozens of them. yours should have the flip over peep vernier rear sight. that sight alone in numrich 's cataloque is about $40.00 - $45.00 U.S. goodluck. pblsyd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,U know the sling mount thing? yes its got 1 on the side of the stock...Im left handed...guess which side! :lol: & :x @ the same time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that's the deal with the sling mount on the side of the stock. anybody else out there have an idea as to why the #5 smle is designed this way? it really doesn't make any sense. how in gods name did we win wwII. pblsyd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[qute="pblsyd"] anybody else out there have an idea as to why the #5 smle is designed this way?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard that the MK 5 has to have the rear sight adjusted quit freqent. I bought a India made in 306 for 58.95 at Rose Department store about 10 years ago. When they stop selling they still over 60 in the attic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
walter in florida said:
I heard that the MK 5 has to have the rear sight adjusted quit freqent. I bought a India made in 306 for 58.95 at Rose Department store about 10 years ago. When they stop selling they still over 60 in the attic
I have never used the Vernier on the rear :|

1 - 11 of 11 Posts