National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought i would share an interaction here in california with the sheriffs dept, when they were curious about my empty holster.

He says an empty holster scares him lol

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
The whole point of 'protest' is to petition the government for a redress of grievances. That's not happening here. You should focus your 'protest' on politicians who have the power to enact (or repeal) the law you want changed. What you're doing is harmless, legal, moral, non-fattening, and a complete waste of time. But, if it gives you wood, carry on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to inform, and the best way to talk to strangers is when they walk up and ask about the holster, they part ways with a new understanding of the unconstitutional California laws.

·
Jesus Saves
8,051 Posts
Welcome from Illinois....

I protest something everyday and believe we all do. I was a bit harsh with my wording and should have said the method is not something I would do and believe it gives the appearance of "in your face" protesting. I think that style of protest would actually create more potential hostility between police and the one who is protesting....in turn gives the opposition a bad name. What comes to mind are those who protested wall street not so long ago.

I disagree with the method....that is all.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
That guy gives gun owners a bad name. If he is protesting he should have a sign. My first thought is where the hell is the gun. He is the reason I am against open carry.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Tom

You and the non-thinking (past the end of their noses), instant gratification craving, attention seeking but (maybe) well-meaning people like yourself are the main reason we no longer are allowed to 'open carry' in California. You and your ilk drew attention to a 'loophole' in our law and rubbed the hoplophobes noses in it. Then you exhibit outrage and cry foul when they close the 'loophole'. What did you think would happen? Did you even bother to stop and think at all?

Do you really want to help the cause?

If so, send some money (every month) to CalGuns. They, and their associates, are the leaders in the fight for firearms rights in California.

Stop trying to draw attention to yourself. You're doing serious harm to our cause. Headlines and news bites are counterproductive, especially in California.

Quietly and privately lobby your local State legislators. Shower, shave and put on a suit and tie. DO NOT carry a firearm nor empty holster. Act as if you are educated, civilized and reasonable. Have you talking points ready, review them and stick to them. Do not argue. Do this every time the occasion arises, be it with State or local officials

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Quietly and privately lobby your local State legislators. Shower, shave and put on a suit and tie. DO NOT carry a firearm nor empty holster. Act as if you are educated, civilized and reasonable. Have you talking points ready, review them and stick to them. Do not argue. Do this every time the occasion arises, be it with State or local officials[/QUOTE]

!st, I will not donate to calguns, or any organization that that does not support open carry, bt solicits in its name, and they are on the record opposing OC, the type of carry should not matter, just the 2nd Amendment.

2 I go talk to them in my suit, i am but one voice. But when people come up to me and ask questions and get answers and possibly sends a message to their reps with a new understanding of their rights, thats 2 voices and maybe a changed perspective. Win the hearts and minds of the people. If you are not for my right to choose the way I wish to carry, as I am for yours, then you just might be part of the problem. It is about the 2nd Amendment, and our Constitutional Republic.

·
54,933 Posts
I am the problem??

Ya see? We had open carry in California.

I say again.

You and the non-thinking (past the end of their noses), instant gratification craving, attention seeking but (maybe) well-meaning people like yourself are the main reason we no longer are allowed to 'open carry' in California. You and your ilk drew attention to a 'loophole' in our law and rubbed the hoplophobes noses in it. Then you exhibit outrage and cry foul when they close the 'loophole'.

What did you think would happen? Did you even bother to stop and think at all?

Its not so much about the Constitution as it is about pure and unadulterated stupidity on the part of low-information nonthinkers

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
That's a problem we have in Texas. Everytime the OC issue builds up a bit of steam in the Legislature, some clown will get arrested for going out for a morning stroll carrying his AR15 or AK. Scares the hell outta some old lady working in her flowerbed (she may not be a gun expert, but she's seen terrorists on tv), and she calls the cops. The clown will be arrested for disturbing the piece (or trying to enjoy his constitutional rights), he'll make the five o'clock news and look like a moron/radical/ idiot. A large number of OC supporting legislators back away. If you want OC, act like a responsible adult/citizen. "All" attention isn't "good" attention. It may be well-meaning, but its killing the progress a lot of people have worked at for years.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
When I lived in Plano, Texas we used to go to a large flea market in Canton. I ran into some guy walking down the middle of the street all decked out in camo, combat boots, a brace of 45's around his waist, and a AR cradled in his arms. All I could think of was "what kind of f#&@ing idiot is this ??

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a problem we have in Texas. Everytime the OC issue builds up a bit of steam in the Legislature, some clown will get arrested for going out for a morning stroll carrying his AR15 or AK. Scares the hell outta some old lady working in her flowerbed (she may not be a gun expert, but she's seen terrorists on tv), and she calls the cops. The clown will be arrested for disturbing the piece (or trying to enjoy his constitutional rights), he'll make the five o'clock news and look like a moron/radical/ idiot. A large number of OC supporting legislators back away. If you want OC, act like a responsible adult/citizen. "All" attention isn't "good" attention. It may be well-meaning, but its killing the progress a lot of people have worked at for years.
I agree with the basics of your post, but when OC is the norm and people are use to seeing it, people will act differently.. normalization.

Open Carry texas has done alot in that state, I have kept up on them and I believe thier rallies and walks do a great deal of good. Dispatchers in some cities are now telling what few calls that come in that, they are aware, its their right and thanks for the call, end of story. Caller then realizes, oh, ok.

Political correctness,will be the dagger in the rights of all Americans. Just because something scares someone, is no reason to ban the right. We are a Constitutional Republic, the rights of the 1 are supposed to outweigh the feelings of the majority.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am the problem??

Ya see? We had open carry in California.

I say again.

You and the non-thinking (past the end of their noses), instant gratification craving, attention seeking but (maybe) well-meaning people like yourself are the main reason we no longer are allowed to 'open carry' in California. You and your ilk drew attention to a 'loophole' in our law and rubbed the hoplophobes noses in it. Then you exhibit outrage and cry foul when they close the 'loophole'.

What did you think would happen? Did you even bother to stop and think at all?

Its not so much about the Constitution as it is about pure and unadulterated stupidity on the part of low-information nonthinkers
First we had unloaded open carry, soon we will have loaded open carry back in California, Nichols V Brown will win,

And you say we lost it because of people exercising that right???????? So how would you suggest one open carry??

That makes no sense to me at all lol

" we had OC, but because people OC'd they took it away" lmao just crazy IMHO

·
54,933 Posts
While those with functioning brains are fighting for relaxed concealed carry regulations in California, a bunch of knee-jerk, non-thinkers manage to get open carry banned by refusing to think past the end of their collective noses. This is not progress!

You are carrying the enemy's water!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
When OC is the norm in Texas, morons walking around town with loaded ARs are still going to be looked at as either psychos, terrorists or mass murderers - and they will probably be dealt with as such; either by LEOs or concerned citizens. And when they do, there will be nothing gone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts