National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have zero experience with this company, zero experience with the firearm, so if you buy one and it sucks, don’t blame me. I saw a price drop on kygunco and I ordered 4. $258.78 each, price drop from $400. Buds has them listed at $430.

Under $260, shipped, for mag fed, semi auto 12ga with 2x 5rd mags and sights (buds shows it with a plastic case but I have no idea if kygunco’s does). That’s hard to beat. If they run buckshot, that’s all I need them to do.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

below is one of Buds pics

White Light Hood Black Air gun

Link to sale:

·
Premium Member
9,158 Posts
Yeah that Picatinny rail is right where your hand would go. I’d see if you can grind it off and sand it smooth. I can’t wait to see if it’s any good. I’d buy one for a range toy too.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
White Green Machine gun Air gun Black

The lowers are polymer but the uppers appear to be steel, the handguards are aluminum (that’s a surprise), barrel shrouds are plastic but don’t look out of place. Grip is rubber (good grip). So far, the only thing I see that is bad are the magwells.

Now the bad, The inside of the magwells are by far the worst I’ve ever seen. I will have to sand them down inside. They are so rough it looks like rough cut lumber inside. None of the mags slide in easy, one I have to beat in, then it goes too far and the bolt won’t move. Since it’s just sanding with a block, it’s not a big deal. Ran some Winchester slugs through one and ran good. I’m sure I can fix the one without issue.

I put angled foregrips on two that fits me for tactical use. Nic’s little T-Rex arms can’t reach it so I left the grips off of two of them.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So I got to working on one of the magwells. One of them will go in relatively easy now.

Problem is, there is a flared portion just below the feed lips toward the back of the mag to allow the rim to freely pass forward on feed. That widened area was never cut in the magwell. I’ll have to do that but first, I need to get a measurement off an RIA mag. Some of the mags are a hair wider than others. I’ll post a pic with a measurement sometime tomorrow, maybe one of you with an RIA mag can take a measurement and see how much difference there is. I’m just too tired tonight to go fetch my calipers.

I should be able to fairly easily cut that channel with a flat file since the lower is polymer. Once I have one working well, I’ll just rinse and repeat for the others.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got 6 of the 8 mags working with the magwell good. The other two, I am guessing are out of spec because they are still too tight.

Slugs will run just fine even under rapid fire. Low brass #6, no way. 5 of 5 malfunctions. One even jammed the bolt closed. Had to wrap the charging handle in a rag and tap the bolt back. If it slid back forward, it would jam again so I had to hold pressure on it with the rag, tap the charging handle with the hammer and slide the bolt all the way back to eject the shell case. Everything went back to normal as soon as that case was ejected.

Ran another mag (same mag) full of Super X slugs, rapid fire hip shooting. 16” group at 30 yards no malfunctioning.

My intention was for high brass buckshot anyway so the #6 was just to see if it would run it. Nope. 3 got caught on the polymer feed ramp, one jammed and one failure to eject. I don’t have any buckshot here so no testing. At least it’ll sling slugs.

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
Rather than tap the charging handle with something try "mortaring" it out. It may not pull the case out but it should at least open the bolt so you can tap the round/case out with a rod. If you're not familiar with how to here's a quick video.

Reactions: Philmo11
1 - 15 of 15 Posts