National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ELG pistol and would like some info and what it’s worth. Any info is appreciated

Thanks

Psul

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
Guessing that the ELG is in an oval with a star below the letters and nothing (a crown) above the oval?
If so, that is not a brand name. It is a Leige Belgium proof mark from prior to 1893. Yours appears very
similar to the one below--which was listed at auction as a "Belgian percussion pistol, early 19th century"
I'm not going to guess value---someone will be along shortly with far more knowledge than me.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
PistolPaul no real ball park I have seen $700 to $2500. of course these are auction prices you get 4-5 collectors wanting/needing for their collection could go 5000-6000 no set prices. I will Offer when I sell/trade if that pistol was what I had on market $2500 is my asking price or best offer. The best Offer should Yield return on what I initially paid for it. If I got it say for $700 I`d like to see $1000 or more, I set 3 prices High, Medium, and a Happy ASK for the high and see what rolls down

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Steyr Man I appreciate your reply. Where would or could I go to auction/sell this?

·
Aim true !
10,274 Posts
Gun broker is an auction site.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Thank you Steyr Man I appreciate your reply. Where would or could I go to auction/sell this?
As coal stated been a while if rare enough James d Julia Bare in mind any auction house charges up to 40% ME I`d try a private sales. However good luck in which ever endeavor you choose

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Most auction houses charge a total of 30, 15 from the buyer and 15 from the seller

Reactions: Steyr Man 146

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Fitasc Shooter Thanks for that, Last time I ran one was 24 years ago glad to see it has became joint effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts