·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never forget.

·
Aim true !
9,510 Posts
I remember Howard Stern reporting it on his radio show. He said folks ''im not joking''. Then it started to sink in. Later that eve when i got home and saw the news footage it really sunk in. Im going to hear about it all over again all day. The old lady will go on and on. The titanic and 911 are 2 things she researches.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
They should show those pictures every week on TV just to remind people what happened.
Lost a fraternity brother from college in Tower 2.
One of those moments in your life where you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing.
So much confusion, so much fear, so much anger.
18 years later and we now have America hating muslims in congress.
What the hell is wrong with us.
WAKE UP AMERICA. or it will happen again

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
You could see the smoke from a hill by my house for days. Parents went to the schools and took their kids home. I never understood that. I guess after you hit the twin towers you hit a grammar school 25 miles away. My buddy is a pipe fitter and a bunch of guys went to ground zero to help. When they got there they were handed a bucket and told to start picking up the pieces because all that was left was pulverized concrete and steel. We lost a lot of people around here. I knew 2 people personally and one was my bosses 23 year old son. People who were there and got out were changed forever. Lots of people never went back to the city. A mason I know has a masters degree in finance. At one time my wife worked on the 110th floor of tower one. It had a very big impact here because so many people live here but work in the city. It shut down everything for a few days. I’ll never forget.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ok those of you with computer skills I think we need to hear a few songs.
Darryl Worley- Have you Forgotten
Toby Keith- Courtesy of the Red White and Blue. ( The Angry American)
Lee Greenwood- God Bless the USA.
Those songs bring a tear to my eye and get my dander up.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Shooting buddy of mine was FDNY paramedic. Git cancer from working that disaster; so far so good, but he was retired out early on disability. Lost a lot of kids I went to prep school with as well.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
I have such a hard time watching this stuff. It’s very upsetting. It was so close to where I live and effected so many of my friends and neighbors.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Two things will forever stand out in my memory. The assassination of JFK and the events of 9-11-2001. Like most New Yorkers I took it personal. Born and raised in Brooklyn. I was at work that day and worked in a secure area, like a skunk works. We had one computer connected to the outside world, no radio or TV. Initially we thought a single small plane hit the first tower then as reports came in we began to understand what had happened. My wife and I had been in the city just a few weeks before during an annual NY trip. My friends in the trades I grew up with built those towers. A friend of mine was a NYFD battalion chief who was off that day but obviously called in. Another friend was on his old brownstone roof in Brooklyn watching with his daughter when "stuff" began falling from the sky on him and his daughter.

During the years that followed I haven't a clue how many times as my wife and I drove over the George Washington Bridge and I could not bring myself to look to my right at the skyline I knew and loved. Those bastards attacked "my city". Hard to believe 18 years have passed. No, I will never forget.

Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
Deepest sympathies to all affected by this(who should include everyone), but especially those whose lives were personally and permanently changed by the loss of a loved one. I prefer to think that Muslim members of congress, in a vaccuum, is not a significantly different scenario than a Catholic, Jewish, Mormon, Baptist, Protestant, Buddhist, etc. person. I do, however, echo the sentiments that Omar and Talib are horrible for America. Their words and apparent disdain for this, the greatest country in the world, and the people who elected them as leaders, is revolting. But, I also believe there are many others, of all faiths, in similar positions, who are just as horrible and potentially dangerous. In principle, at least in my humble opinion, an elected leader's religious views or affiliations are secondary to their political views, as politicians. Some may feel these are inseparable, but I believe they are not fundamentally linked. I try hard not to confuse Muslim with Muslim extremism or Muslim terrorism, as Nazis and Germans are not the same. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
If they read and live by their "book", they are just as dangerous, IMO. Their book tells them to kill us if we do not convert, it's in plain arabic. Kill the infidel, that's us.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I do understand your point, but I believe that's a big if. I grew up in a Roman Catholic home, was an altar server, confirmed Roman Catholic, and I have yet to meet anybody who can live word for word by the Bible. Believe me, I come from a military family, attempted to join the military myself. I was denied due to severe food allergies, but that is neither here nor there. I am as outraged by these events as anybody in America should be. I just want to be sure that I am blaming the correct people. Terrorists, not necessarily Muslims. You are certainly free to your opinions, and I don't discredit them at all, but I have done a lot of traveling. And met a lot of people. I would not want to miss out on some of the wonderful people I have met and relationships I have developed over simple indifferences like religion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts