National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I thought I'd share some photos of the new rifle that Santa brought for me a couple of days ago. It's my first ever bolt action (finally), for my first ever hunting trip (finally). It's a Smith and Wesson I-bolt chambered in .30-06. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, in fact although it is "used", the previous owner never fired it either. I can't wait to see how it shoots, I'll let you guys know as soon as I get out.

Attachments

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Sure looks good to me. That will bring down any game animal you would want in America. I have never had one in hand, but I hear they work just fine. Good luck wiith it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Damn I hope santa is that nice to me!

I doubt it though, I was pretty naughty this year...:lol:

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
We have a member here from Africa, and he LOVES his I-bolt. Good luck and enjoy that gun.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Heck of a Christmas present!

I wish Santa was that good to me, guess I should be a little better the other 11 months of the year.

One advantage of getting coal for Christmas though is we can use it for heat. This 26" of white global warming is getting really cold!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck of a Christmas present!

One advantage of getting coal for Christmas though is we can use it for heat. This 26" of white global warming is getting really cold!
Ha, dang global warming! Can't wait to get to the range, just found some ammo at Wal-Mart! Probably need to put another scope on there though, from what I understand from my friends here on this fine forum, that 6-18x is a bit much for most of the deer hunting I plan on doing. Who wants a scope? lol

·
Registered
826 Posts
^ Nothing to complain about there buddy! Thats an awesome gun! :thumbsup:

·
Gun Nut
1,599 Posts
Dang Santa was not that nice to me. I guess I cant complain to much he got me a firing pin for my Rem 700 and the tool to remove and install.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Nice rifle! Shoot it with the scope that's on it, then decide if you need to get a different scope or not. :4:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts