National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have given it some thought. I love my Ruger Blackhawks but I think I may try a set of EAA Bounty Hunters next (assuming my 500 S&W doesn’t sell first). Feed back on these revolvers is welcomed.probably order a .22 just to see how I like it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Specially looking at the 8rd, 6.75” nickel plated .22lr/.22wmr Bounty Hunter.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
i have seen a few of the center fire EAA revolvers at a couple of CAS events......they were large frame single actions that reminded me of the old style larger Ruger Vaquero.......not the current production smaller frame.........

they were specifically talked about as intro guns until you could upgrade.....and i did ask about them.

but that sport is perhaps a lot more shooting and harder on single actions so they can relate to a first hand "competitive comparison" in their sport.....

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deputy, thanks for the feedback. I not expect a Cadillac at this price point but if they are reliable and the nickel finish is pretty good, seems like they’d be worth the money. I’m torn. I really want my pair of 8” 500 magnums, I could quite literally buy 2x .22/22mags, 2x .357 mags and 2x .44 mags for the cost of those 2 guns. Called my brother yesterday and the pair of 9mm Springfield Defenders I have on layaway, think he’s going to buy one of them and I’ll order one of these EAA’s to evaluate.

·
Registered
13,726 Posts
If you're thinking of a pair of 500 magnums, you have that kind of money, the cost of the Bounty Hunter is just a tad above pocket change! Go for it I say!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're thinking of a pair of 500 magnums, you have that kind of money, the cost of the Bounty Hunter is just a tad above pocket change! Go for it I say!
I have my 4” 500 up for sale. Waiting for it to sell before getting the pair of 8”. So in reality, I’m only buying 1x 500 and trading up for the other.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,985 Posts
The ones I've had experience with can best be described as 'rough', both externally and internally... but they work. They seem to be intended as an 'entry level' revolver.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Result of libtardism...

lib·tard

/ˈlibˌtärd/

noun

• A form of political retardation. Used to describe a left wing radical who’s political views are so far off the reservation that the only explanation is mental retardation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts