National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Live Free
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new wood grips for the Standard Model. They are quite nicely made and give the old girl a little custom appearance, but I am unsure how much I really like them. They are a bit thicker than the original plastic, and because of that it changes the feel more than I anticipated, and I like the thinner grip panels (or maybe I just don’t like change) a bit better than the new. Oh well, I will give them a try at the range hopefully tomorrow and see how I shoot with them. What do you guys think?

38537012-2E57-4ED1-B7A3-080264AF4CAD.jpeg

Attachments

·
Aim true !
9,460 Posts
They look great! Hope you can get used to them.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
No. Age is a state of body. Believe me.

·
Super Moderator
14,140 Posts
Wood is beautiful.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
10,948 Posts
It ain't the years, it's the mileage.

--Wag--

·
Registered
416 Posts
No. Age is a state of body. Believe me.
Me too Popeye!
At the age of 30, my chiropractor told me I had the body of a 90 year old bull rider. It's only gotten worse at 63.
But most of the people that know me, especially women, say I still act like a 15 yr old.
I may be old and beat to hell, but I refuse to grow up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Live Free
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I really hate to take away from a healthy discussion about age and maturity, but I took the pistol out and put some rounds through it yesterday. I can live with the thick grips; I still shot better with it than the Mark IV target, but the Mark IV is getting better (trigger is improving with use; down to 3.5 pounds now). It was nice to shoot for an hour and enjoy being outdoors for a while. I did not save targets, but the Standard was grouping about 2" at 15 yards shooting freehand. The Mark IV was about 2.5". All in all, I had fun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's a beautiful pistol and I personally prefer wood grips anyway. The fact that you enjoyed shooting it is all that really mattered anyway. Regardless of how old you or it identifies......

·
Live Free
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a beautiful pistol and I personally prefer wood grips anyway. The fact that you enjoyed shooting it is all that really mattered anyway. Regardless of how old you or it identifies......

Thanks! I enjoy shooting it a lot...not quite as much when cleaning it, but I am pretty used to it. I am not that old really, just a little battle worn...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts